Updating supplier register
First make sure that you have enabled the Automatic business partner creation: Add new customers and suppliers to register with the first invoice made from them is enabled in Procountor usage settings (Management > Company info > Usage settings). When the setting is enabled, suppliers will be automatically saved to the register when this supplier sends their first invoice to Procountor.
We recommend making sure that your supplier register is up to date – this makes notifying the suppliers of your new e-invoice addresses easier. You can check all your suppliers' contact information with the Business partner report. Business partner report is located in Reports > Register reports > Business partner report.
On business partner report view, choose print output type: Detailed report and business partner type: Suppliers. Then click the Search business partner -button. The report lists all the suppliers along with their contact information, so you can easily check and update the information as necessary.
Creating a supplier announcement
You can inform your suppliers about your new receiving addresses with the supplier announcement. You can find the prefilled supplier announcement in Management > Company info > E-invoice and Scanning addresses. With the announcement, you can let your suppliers know what e-invoice address and scanning service address to use from now on when they send your company invoices.
A new supplier announcement can be created in the following way:
- Go to Management > Company info > E-invoice and Scanning addresses.
- Click Create a supplier announcement. If there's no e-invoice address in the environment, Create supplier announcement button isn't active.
- In the first step, you can select the e-invoice addresses to be included on the announcement. You can select both the e-invoice addresses and the scanning service addresses. At least one e-invoice address must be selected from the list before the announcement can be created. Other addresses can be included, but is not mandatory.
- The supplier announcement language (Finnish, English or Swedish) can be selected in the preview. The announcement text can be copied to clipboard or downloaded as a Word document.
Supplier announcement's text
If you are notifying your suppliers of your new Apix invoicing addresses, the supplier announcement also includes following text:
Please note that when sending e-invoices to our Apix address from Danske Bank Oyj, Handelsbanken,
Paikallisosuuspankit or Säästöpankit you must send e-invoices to the following
address: e-invoice address: 003723327487 and operator code: DABAFIHH.
This means that if supplier’s own operator is one of these banks, they must use the following e-invoice address when they are sending invoices to you: 003723327487 and operator code: DABAFIHH. Apix automatically determines the correct recipient by the business ID and can redirect the invoice to your company.
If you are notifying your suppliers of your new Apix scanning addresses, the supplier announcement also includes following text:
The actual invoice must be in the email as a PDF attachment. One email must only contain
one invoice. If email has other attachments they are included as attachments for the in-
voice. Maximum file size for email attachments is 2 MB. After the email is processed ser-
vice will produce an automated acceptance or error reply email within 15 minutes.
- After creating the announcement, you can send it your suppliers by email.
- The announcement can be also sent as a Group letter to selected suppliers. The Group letter is a paid feature, and can be found in Registers > Group letter.
How to get supplier contact information from Procountor
Supplier contact information, such as email addresses, can be exported from Procountor with the Business partner report.
1. Go to Reports > Register reports > Business partner report.
2. Define the search criteria:
1. Select Excel as the Print output type, and choose Suppliers as Business partner type.
2. In Register info, select for example the Name and Email address fields. Click the magnifying glass icon to open a separate window to make the selection easier. When you have selected all the fields you want on the report, click Continue.
3. After you have defined the search criteria, click the Search business partners button at the top of the page.
4. The report will open in Excel. In Excel, you can copy the supplier email addresses. You can copy your suppliers email addresses from excel. To copy the addresses, select the entire column containing the addresses, left click the selection, and select Copy. You can then paste these addresses to the email recipient field by left clicking the field and selecting Paste.
Purchase reporting shows which suppliers have sent you invoices lately, and who the supplier announcement should be sent to. Purchase reporting is located in Reporting > Purchase reporting.
In the search criteria, first select the time period you want the report from. Remember to click Select period button after choosing the dates. To access a more detailed report, click the To invoices button at the top right corner. To export the report to Excel, click on the Excel icon.
Sending the supplier announcement by email
If you send the supplier announcement by email, do the following:
- Create a new email message and either paste the supplier announcement from the clipboard, or attach the announcement as a separate file.
- Add your suppliers email addresses to the BCC field (blind carbon copy). Any recipients added to the BCC field will not be shown to the other recipients of the message.
3. Send the message to your suppliers.
Sending the supplier announcement as a Group letter
The supplier announcement can be also sent from Procountor as a Group letter. Group letters can be created in Registers > Group letter > New group letter. Please note that the Group letter is a paid feature and are subject to a sending fee. This fee is charged according to our price list, which can be found here.
1. On the New group letter view, Suppliers as the Business partner type or select a Business partner group. Then click Search business partners.
2. Select all business partners you wish to send a supplier announcement and click Write group letter.
3. A confirmation window is shown, asking if you wish to send the group letter to the selected recipients. Click Continue.
4. On the Letter info view, choose Email as Sending channel. Also select the letter type.
- Select Letter type:
- Letter written/based on a Procountor template: You can paste the supplier announcement text to the Letter text field and add a Title.
- Letter written/based on a Procountor template in PDF format: You can add the supplier announcement in PDF format by clicking the Select file button. The Title and Letter text fields are mandatory.
- Formed on a personal PDF letter template: You can upload the supplier announcement as a PDF file by clicking the Select file button. The other fields are not mandatory.
5. You can preview the letter by clicking the Preview button.
6. When ready, click Send to send the group letter to the selected recipients. After the letter is sent, it will appear in Old group letters.
Informing operators, tax administration, and pension providers of the new e-invoice addresses
All suppliers do not accept e-invoice address notifications via email, but instead use their own service portals (e-services, forms) for updating your invoicing information. These include Tax Administration, Pension Provides, and phone operators.
This list includes some of the most common suppliers who need to be notified of the new e-invoice addresses through their own service portals.
- Tax administration instructions on how to make changes to invoicing information
- Phone operators:
- Pension providers:
- Ilmarinen instructions on how to make changes to invoicing information
- Elo instructions on how to make changes to invoicing information
- Keskinäinen Vakuutusyhtiö Fennia instructions on how to make changes to invoicing information (only in Finnish)
- Lähitapiola instructions on how to make changes to invoicing information (only in Finnish)
- Keskinäinen työeläkevakuutusyhtiö Varma instructions on how to make changes to invoicing information
- Veritas instructions on how to make changes to invoicing information
- Posti Oy instructions on how to make changes to invoicing information