If the basis for employee holiday calculation has changed in the holiday credit year 2020-2021 (one or more salaries have been calculated using different calculation bases) the holiday calculation of that employee will not be up to date. This feature is not yet supported and paying holiday pay is not possible when holiday calculation is enabled.
If this is the case, Procountor will show a notification on the Holidays tab of the employee.
The holiday pay and holiday pay amounts should be manually checked, for example using the provided Excel. The Excel can be found in the Holiday tab of the employee (Salaries > Employee register, select the employee and click Edit holidays). You can download the spreadsheet to check and/or calculate the correct holiday pay amount manually.
To pay holiday pay and holiday pay, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the employee does not have unfinished salary slips on that holiday credit year. The salary slips must be approved and/or paid/marked paid for the salary slips to be available on the Excel.
- Open the Excel from the Holidays tab of the employee and use the spreadsheet to calculate the holiday pay and holiday pay.
- Disable holiday calculation in the employee register in the employee’s Holidays tab.
- On the salary slip, select the necessary salary types from the register and add the correct amounts on the rows.
- Review and approve the salary slip.
- Enable holiday calculation for the employee and add any missing holidays and cumulative holidays accumulated from this salary slip. More information can be found here.
Please note that the Holidays tab does not include the total sum of both calculation bases from the holiday credit year. The holiday pay reserve sum must be manually corrected in accounting for example with a journal receipt.
You can use the following salary types when adding holiday pay and holiday pay rows on the salary slips, and the holiday calculation is disabled:
Income type 201 Time-rate pay:
2201 Holiday pay
2202 Holiday pay, monthly wages, workday divider
2203 Holiday pay, hourly wages
2204 Holiday pay, monthly wages, standard divider 25
2206 Holiday pay 9% (manual calc.)
2207 Holiday pay 11,5% (manual calc.)
2211 Holiday pay, average daily
2223 Holiday compensation for a short-term employment (hourly pay, excl. fringe benefits)