Procountor's income tax return function can be used to draw up Tax return of property corporations 4 with its most common enclosures and file them electronically. The return can be sent in electronic form from Procountor directly to the tax authorities' service using the ApitamoPKI interface.
No default values are retrieved form the company’s accounting automatically. If the company does not have the new chart of accounts functionalities in use, the values have to be added manually. If the company has the new chart of accounts functionalities in use, then it's also possible to modify the allocations of the accounts to the fields manually in Management > Accounting info > Tax information > Edit Income Tax Return Mappings. More information about the mappings can be found here.
Income tax return function can be found from Notifications > Income tax return.
Buttons on Income tax return view
- Clicking on the button will open a window with a drop-down menu where you can select the fiscal year for the tax return. More than one tax return can be created for the same fiscal year.
Update reporting database
- Clicking on the button will update the reporting database.
Tax forms and publications
- Clicking on the will open a new browser window with the Finnish Tax Administration’s instructions for completing the income tax returns.
- The button can be used to view the details of a tax return selected from the list.
- Choosing the option will add invalidated tax returns to the list, enabling the viewing of previously created, invalidated tax returns.
Creating income tax return
1. In order to be able to create an income tax return, the financial year must be saved in the program under Management > Accounting info > Financial years.
In addition, the income tax return form 4 should be selected in Management > Accounting info > Tax information from the drop -down menu.
2. Go to Income tax return view (Notifications > Income tax return) and click on the Create notifications button.
3. Select the financial year and click on the Create button.
4. Clicking Create opens the Income tax return view in which, you can examine, edit and save the various sections and enclosures of the income tax return as well as send them.
Buttons of the income tax return creation view
- The button saves the income tax return (all parts).
- Saved income tax return can be edited.
- After the income tax return is saved, Procountor re-calculates the sums. If all fields are wanted to be calculated again, the fields must be emptied and then click on the Save button.
- With the button, the income tax return is saved and it or its enclosures can no longer be edited.
- When the income tax return is approved, it and its enclosures are sent to tax authorities to be verified. Sending to verification does not require Certificate for reporting to the Tax Administration. Verification service makes sure the income tax return and its enclosures are formally right and thus they will be approved by tax authorities.
- After verification, user will receive a notification containing the information whether the report was approved, or the errors were found. If errors are found, the income tax return will not be approved, and it will stay in Unfinished status.
Return notification to unfinished
- Clicking on the button reverts the income tax return to Unfinished status and make changes to the return if needed.
- Clicking the button sends the income tax return and its enclosures to tax authorities.
- Only the enclosures with content are sent.
- Note! Income tax return sent via ApitamoPKI interface receives feedback information from the Tax Administration that is shown in a separate window. This window may include remarks concerning the tax return. The Tax Administration does not compare information entered to the main form and possible attachment forms when the tax return is sent. Therefore, the remarks and reminders shown in the window are always formed regardless of, for example, if needed specifications have been made to certain attachment forms or not.
- With the button, the income tax return with status Unfinished or Approved can be invalidated.
- Button enables observing the income tax return in printable form.
- Note! The printout version in for internal use only and it is not valid to be sent to tax authorities.
- Corresponding rows for all fields are shown in the printout version even if they do not have content.
Show event history
- Clicking on the button will show you the event history of the income tax return. Event history window shows the events done to the notification, the timestamps when the changes were made and by whom the changes were made.
- Event history can be opened in Excel, PDF or HTML format with the corresponding buttons found in the bottom of the Event history window.
- Button opens the income tax return instructions in Procountor’s online manual. The page is opened in a new tab, so the pop-up widows must be allowed on the browser that is used.
Tabs of the income tax return creation view
- The Contact information tab contains the information on the top of the first page of the association/foundation tax return. The program will complete the fields with content that can be retrieved directly from information saved in the program. For example, the program will retrieve the Name of taxpayer directly from company’s basic info (Management > Company info > Basic info).
- The contents of pre-completed fields can be edited.
- The contact person’s phone number is retrieved from Mobile phone number with country code (e.g. +358 50 xxx xxxx) field on Personal info and settings view.
Income and expenses
- The fields are modifiable.
- Procountor calculates profit/loss based on the values added to the fields.
- These fields must be filled manually.
- The fields are modifiable.
- Procountor calculates each net worth based on the values in the fields.
- On the General details tab the company can for example recite the company’s dividend or surplus and other details about profit distribution.
- On the Financial statements tab the company can give information about auditing.
Use of previously established losses
- On this tab the company can give information about using previously established losses per tax year.
- Commonly used attachments are gathered on the tab. Tax authorities receive attachments also as printout versions.
- Please note, that the info on attachments cannot be changed after the income tax return is approved.
- Supplement forms can be saved without saving the income tax return, but attachments can be added only after the income tax return is saved.
- By clicking on the name/number on the supplement form column, the supplement form can be observed and edited or in case of an attachment, the attachment can be added.
- Tax Administration delivers all attachments to Finnish Patent and Registration Office, excluding the ones named "Other supplement".