E-salary is a salary channel. When using e-salary, the employee will get his/her salary slip to his/her own internet bank. When the salary slip arrives to the internet bank, the employee can view it by logging into the internet bank. E-salary can be used in all Finnish Procountor environments that have the possibility to send salary slips. This means that e-salary is not compatible with Legder Basic Procountor version. The operator providing the e-salary is Apix Messaging Oy.
Banks supporting Procountor’s e-salary
- Aktia (HELSFIHH)
- POP Pankki (POPFFI22)
- Nordea (NDEAFIHH)
- Osuuspankki (OKOYFIHH)
- Handelsbanken (HANDFIHH)
- Säästöpankki, also Oma Säästöpankki (ITELFIHH)
- Ålandsbanken (AABAFI22)
- Danske Bank (DABAFIHH)
- S-Pankki (SBANFIHH)
Preparing to implement e-salary
User rights and settings
- In order to enable usage of e-salary in Procountor environment, user must have All rights to Basic company info and Payroll accounting. User right can be determined in Users and privileges view.
- In order to implement e-salary to the Procountor environment, usage of e-salary must be enabled in Usage settings (Management > Company info > Usage settings). Usage of e-salary can be enabled by enabling the setting Enable e-salary as a channel for delivering salary slips.
- When enabling e-salary on Usage settings view, Procountor will give a notification about the fees (sending fee is 0,49€/slip) and how the data is handled by the service delivering party, Apix Messaging Oy. E-salary will be implemented when clicking on the Continue button.
- Enabling the usage of e-salary on Usage settings view does not automatically set it to be a salary channel for employees, but enables that e-salary can be selected for employees’ salary channel.
Essential employee info for e-salary usage
- Procountor runs validations for employee info before e-salary is possible to select as a salary channel for an employee. If the employee’s information passes the validation, e-salary will be one option in the employee’s Salary channel drop-down menu. If the employee’s information does not pass the validation e-salary will not be an option in the employee’s Salary channel drop-down menu. Validation will be run for the following employee info:
- Bank: Employee’s bank must support Procountor’s e-salary. Supported banks are listed in the beginning of this article.
- Bank account: Employee’s bank account must be IBAN-formed Finnish bank account.
- SSN: Employee must have a Finnish social security number.
Selecting e-salary for employee’s salary channel
If e-salary is selected for employee’s salary channel, the company must inform employee, that in the future, he/she will find the salary slips from his/her internet bank. Procountor does not send any notification for the employee about e-salary being selected for employee’s salary channel. An example form for informing the employees can be found here.
Selecting e-salary for an individual employee
- Salary channel can be selected for an individual employee on employee’s Salary info view in Employee register (Payroll > Employee register).
- Salary channel can be selected from Salary channel drop-down menu. The info icon next to the drop-down menu will offer information, if some salary channel cannot be selected for the employee.
- Salary channel can also be changed on the salary slip or salary list.
Selecting e-salary for several employees with mass function
- If e-salary is wanted to be selected for several employees at once, it is possible to use Edit multiple: Salary info mass function.
- If the employee information of all selected employees does not pass the validation mentioned earlier in this article, it is not possible to select e-salary for the selected employees.
Selecting e-salary for salary channel when importing data
- E-salary can be selected for employees’ salary channel, when importing data with the following import files:
- When importing employee info with the import files, Procountor runs the validations for employee info needed in order to take e-salary into use.
Sending the e-salary
1. When the salary slips are created and ready to be sent, slips can be normally sent with Send button.
- When clicking on the Send button, the e-salary sending fee (0,49€/slip) is charged. For example, if the same slip is sent twice, also the e-salary sending fee is charged twice.
2. After clicking on Send button the status of the e-salary can be viewed on the salary list.
- Statuses of e-salary sending:
- Sending status indicates that the e-salary is waiting to be sent from Procountor. Salary slip cannot be modified while it’s status is Sending.
- Sent status indicates that the slip has been sent from Procountor and will arrive/has already arrived the employee’s internet bank.
- Error status indicates that there an error has occurred. If the status is Error, contact our customer service via email: email@example.com
- E-salary status column can also be found in Salary slip search view (Payroll > Salary slip search).
3. E-salary will be allocated to employee’s internet bank based on the employee’s social security number. In order to allocate the e-salary correctly, it is crucial that the employee’s SSN is correctly saved to Procountor’s person register.
- E-salary will show in employee’s internet bank in PDF format. Every salary slip will be stored in the archive of Apix Messaging Oy in employee's internet bank for three years.
- If the recipient of an e-salary slip has a joint account (with a spouse, for example), the e-salary slip will be visible in the internet bank only to the account user that is the recipient of the e-salary slip. This requires that the e-salary recipient logs in to the internet bank with his/her own bank credentials.
4. The time for the whole sending process from clicking on Send to the moment the salary slip can be viewed in the internet bank varies depending on whether there is rush or not in sending. In a normal situation the salary slip can be seen in the internet bank during the same day.
Please note! Sending the e-salary does not send any kind of notification for the employee. If the employees are wanted to be informed about sending the slips as e-salary, it should be done by the party paying the salaries.
Correcting the salary slip that has already been sent
If there is a need to correct the salary slip that has already been sent as e-salary, following things should be taken into consideration:
- Salary slip cannot be modified while it’s e-salary sending status is Sending. When the status of status of e-salary sending is Sent, the slip can be corrected and modified in the limits of slip’s status.
- If the slip that has already been sent as e-salary is corrected and then sent again as e-salary, the slip that was sent later will replace the one that was sent earlier.
- If the slip is sent again as e-salary after the corrections, the sending fee 0,49€/slip will be charged again.
Invalidating the e-salary that has already been sent
- If the the salary slip has already been sent as an e-salary, and then the slip is invalidated in Procountor, the slip will still be showing in employee's Internet bank.
- If the salary slip, that has already been sent as an e-salary, is invalidated in Procountor and then a new slip is created and sent as an e-salary as well, two salary slips will be showing in employee's Internet bank.
Possible errors in sending the e-salary
Status of e-salary sending gets stuck at Sending for a long time
- Sending status indicates that the e-salary is waiting to be sent from Procountor.
- When the status is Sending, do not try to send the slip again by clicking on the Send button. If you try, Procountor will give a notification about this.
- Check if there is information about delays in sending the e-salary on our Disruption info page or in the Notifications widget on Procountor’s front page.
- If the status has been stuck for several hours, contact our customer service via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Status of e-salary sending is Sent, but the slip cannot be found from employee’s internet bank
- Make sure that the SSN of the employee is correctly saved in the Person register.
- Contact our customer service via email: email@example.com
- In order to help our customer service efficiently solve the issue, please provide the following info in your message: company name, slip number and the date and time the slip was sent.
Status of e-salary sending is Error
- If a sending results in error, the sending will be tried again automatically.
- If a salary slip is still in Error status after a couple of hours from the moment the original sending was made, please contact our customer service via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In order to help our customer service efficiently solve the issue, please provide the following info in your message: company name, slip number and the date and time the slip was originally sent.
Ending the usage of e-salary in the Procountor-environment
1. The same user rights are needed to end the usage of e-salary as starting it’s usage.
- User rights needed are All rights to Basic company info and Payroll accounting.
2. Change the salary channels of the employees that currently have e-salary as a salary channel.
- Before usage of e-salary can be disabled in Usage settings view, the salary channels of the employees need to be changed.
- Also the salary channel of all salary slips in the status Unfinished or Approved must be changed to other salary channel.
3. Disable the setting Enable e-salary as a channel for delivering salary slips in Usage settings (Management > Company info > Usage settings).