Opening and closing the holiday credit year can be done in Management > Salary info > Holiday credit years.
- The view lists all the credit years.
- If the credit years are opened and closed a time stamp and edited by stamp will be created.
Opening the credit year
The credit year can be opened by activating a credit year and clicking Open credit year button.
- When the credit year is closed the earned holidays cannot be edited. The year has to be opened to be able to edit the holidays.
- Several credit years can be open at the same time.
- It is not mandatory to open the credit years in order.
- If the employee has earned 2 holidays per month or 9% holiday pay per month the software will ask if the earning rule should be updated to 2,5 days and 11,5% automatically.
Closing the credit year
When the last salaries for the holiday credit year has been paid it is time to close the credit year.
- Before closing the credit year check the earned holidays from that year. The earned holidays can be checked by using the Holiday accrual report.
- If necessary, correct the earned holidays manually or by clicking the Year recalculation in the Holidays view.
- In order to recalculate the earned holidays the all salary slips for that credit year should at least in status Approved.
- All salary slips that are in the credit year should have a status Paid or Paid elsewhere before the credit year can be closed.
Close the credit year by activating the credit year and clicking Close credit year.
- If the holiday data should be edited for closed credit year, open the credit year.