Salary periods are implemented in Management > Salary info > Salary periods. By using salary periods the user can atomize salary list creation and can avoid manual writing of dates to the salary list.
- Multiple salary periods can be created for example for 2 weeks periods and for monthly period.
- The salary periods do not effect the holiday calculation in Procountor.
Adding new salary periods
New salary period templates are created in Salary periods view by clicking Create new salary period button.
1. Add a name to the salary period template.
2. Select salary period type. Types can be monthly, 2 week period, 3 week period, 1 week period or empty table.
- The next steps vary depending on the chosen period type.
3. Select the holiday year.
4. Next steps depends on the chosen period type.
- If the period type was monthly periods, select the payday. Also, select whether the pay day is in the same or following month.
- If the period was weekly select the salary period start date and payday
- If the right pay day cannot be found from the dropdown menu, it can be modified after the template has been created.
- If the period is empty table, continue with clicking Create button. After this add the needed periods to the template.
5. Determine the accounting day.
- The last day of the month is calculated based on the salary period and not based on payday.
- If the right day cannot be found from the dropdown menu, it can be modified after the template has been created.
6. Click Create.
Procountor will automatically create the salary periods based on the selected options. After this all the fields can be edited freely.
Editing salary period template
Ready made salary period templates can be modified by choosing a template from the drop down menu Salary periods. After this all the fields can be modified freely.
- More periods can be added by clicking Add button.
- Periods can be deleted by clicking Delete button.
Using salary periods in salary lists
By using salary periods the user can atomize salary list creation and can avoid manual writing of dates to the salary list.
When the salary list has been chosen, Procountor will automatically fill in all the dates and settings according to the salary period.