Before starting to create travel and expense invoices the following settings should be checked.
Before starting to create travel and expense invoices two things should be noticed in the usage settings (Management > Company info > Usage settings).
- Products to be used on the travel/expense invoice -setting should be used to limit travel invoice products to those included in Procountor’s product register because then the creators of the invoice cannot create their own products. It is possible to set different default settings behind specific products (for example default postings) which can atomize the use of invoice creation and verification. Also it is possible to follow the products in Procountor's reports. This is why it is recommended not to create own products every time the invoice is created.
Travel calculator usage - setting determines whether the Travel calculator will open automatically when a user creates a new travel invoice. Travel calculator is used to automatically calculate the amount of domestic daily allowances from the traveling time. Other travel expenses can also be entered to the travel calculator.
User rights and social security number
It is possible to create travel and expense invoices to yourself or to others. In order to be capable of creating travel and expense invoices the persons the person has to be created to the person register. If the person wants to crate the invoices to himself the person has to have user rights to Procountor and the username has to be linked to the person register information.
- In order to create invoices to a person the sufficient identification information of the person (ID, name and bank account number) has to be filled in to the person register. Read more about the sufficient identification of a person here.
- In case the social security number is missing, for example, if the person is a foreigner, the artificial number can be entered in a form ‘ddmmyy-UUUU’.
- If a person is creating travel and expense invoices to himself the user rights can be created with a user role Employee. A user whose role is employee can only create travel and expense invoices for himself and see salary slips that were created to the user.
- If the user rights are extended (the role is other than Employee), it is possible to create travel and expense invoices to other users as well.
- The user name should be linked to the person register information of the user in order for the user to be able to create new travel and expense invoices for himself.
Personal information and settings
If the person who is creating travel or expense invoices is creating them to himself the Personal information and settings view should be checked.
- Verify that the social security number is correctly saved to the Personal information and settings view. The social security number is used to allocate usernames to information in the person register.
- The user interface language (the language used in Procountor’s buttons and texts) is defined in personal information and settings. The user interface language defines the headings on the invoices, but the language of the rows on the invoice is defined based on the language chosen in person register. If necessary, the main user can be asked to change the language defined in person register.