The default posting for taxes can be changed in Management > Accounting info > Posting defaults > Default postings for taxes.
Default tax postings can be changed according to users wishers and the changes effect new invoices. This means that the changes should be taken into consideration when balancing.
Taxes are divided in 3 different sections:
Default accounts for taxes
- Tax liability account
- Default account for withhold tax
- VAT liability account
- Account for payment based VAT
Default accounts for notification general
- Other taxes to be paid
- Penal interest to be paid
- Refunds etc. reducing payment
- Deduction of excess heath care insurance contribution payment
Default accounts for information on other self-assessed taxes
- 10 Lottery tax
- 16 Tax on insurance premiums
- 24 Amount withheld from purchases price for timber
- 68 Amount withheld from interest paid out
- 92 Amount withheld from dividend paid out
- 39 Source tax withheld from dividend (paid out to nonresidents)
- 69 Source tax withheld from interest (paid out to nonresidents)
- 84 Source tax withheld from interest income (of residents)
The account for withholding tax can be also changed in Management > Accounting info > Default postings > Default salary postings (new). New default posting can bee seen in both views, if the accounting is not done by row.
- If the accounting is done by row the change in withholding tax in Default postings for taxes view effects only the Employers separate report.
Changing default posting
1. Click Pen icon next to the account or select the category and click Change bookkeeping account.
2. Select account from the window and click Continue.
- If the chart of accounts must be modified click Edit chart of accounts.
3. The selected account will be changed for the selected category. The default account will only effect new receipts.
To be taken into account when changing defaults
Self-assessment taxes will take the accounting account from the most recent default posting rule.
- If replacement report is done for self-assessment taxes which had used old default postings, the replacement receipts correction postings should be corrected to correspond the old reports postings.