When Procountor's holiday settings are on in the Employee register, the holidays can be earned when salaries are calculated. Automatic holiday earning will be discussed in this article.
Situations when Procountor's automatic holiday calculation works
At the moment the holiday calculation is possible for:
- 14 day or 35 hour holiday earning rule
- holiday pay calculation standard divider 25
- holiday pay calculation average hourly
- holiday pay calculation average daily
- holiday pay calculation with 9% or 11,5%
- holiday pay calculation with work day divider
- holiday pay calculation with right for time off
- holiday bonus by 50% of holiday pay
In the 2020 new holiday calculation features will be published. The planned features are, payroll reports and other new features.
Read more about the process of holiday calculation here.
How does the automatic holiday calculation work?
When the holiday calculation settings are on in the Employee register, it is possible to earn holidays automatically when salaries are calculated.
- Holidays cannot be earned retroactively which means that the already earned holidays should be brought to Procountor by using Excel or by one employee at the time in Holidays view.
1. Create a new salary slip in Payroll > New salary list. Choose the right holiday credit year and salary period.
- Salary periods are determined in Management > Salary info > Salary periods.
2. When holiday calculation is on, the Working time allocation for earning holidays section in the New salary slip view should be filled, in order to allocate the days and hours that the employee has worked. Procountor will calculate the earned holidays by using this information.
- Working days will be automatically filled in by using the workdays that are in the salary period.
- Working hours should be filled in manually if there is an employee who has holiday calculation on and he is an hourly worker.
- Working hours and days should be filled in so that Procountor can calculate earned holidays based on the created salary slips.
- It is possible to add working days/hours to individual employee when employees have been added to the list (before Creating salary slips).
- It is possible to fill in the working hours and days separately to all employees in the Salary slip view.
3. Select the employees to the salary list and create the list. After this select one salary slip from the list and move to the Salary slip view.
- In the Salary slip view the working hours and days are shown in the right corner.
- The Working time field is not tied to the Qty field in the salary row. Procountor calculates the holidays only from the Working time field.
- Procountor looks at the holiday settings of the employee when the salary slip is created and calculates the earned holidays according to the settings and already earned holidays.
- Working time field's heading Hours/Days/Actual workdays varies when the holiday earning settings is average hourly or monthly standard divider.
- In a situation when the salary slips salary period goes over holiday credit year, the user must specify which part of the salary belongs to the previous credit year and which to the next year.
- The salary rows should be divided into two rows and the earning periods can be used to specify which sum of the salary belongs to the specific holiday year.
- If the rows are not divided the sum of the salary will go to that credit year in which the starting day of the salary period is.
- Slips which are Unfinished will calculate the earned holidays to Holidays view.
- Approved salary slips will freeze the holidays to the Holidays view according to the selected holiday pay settings.
- The working time allocation cannot be changed for the Approved salary slips.
- If the working time has to be corrected the salary slip must be turned to status Unfinished. Other option is to make the corrections straight to the Holidays view by hand.
4. Employees can see their remaining holiday days in the salary slip PDF if no other settings are made.
- Only those holidays are calculated to the remaining holidays, which can be used during the current holiday year.
- The holidays that are earned during the current holiday year are not calculated to the remaining holidays sum in the salary slip.
- It is possible to hide the remaining holiday days from the salary slip in the Usage settings by selecting (Management > Company info > Usage settings) Holiday info on salary slip: Hide remaining holidays on salary slip.
More information about paying holiday pay in Procountor can be found here.