In certain cases, some authorities or labor unions require salary certificates from the employees.
Forming the salary certificate
Salary certificate can be formed in Payroll > Employee register.
1. Search the employee from the employee register. Salary certificates are formed individually to each employee.
2. Activate the wanted employee by clicking the row of the employee. After activating the employee, click on Show salary certificate button.
3. Define the salary certificate info to the opening window.
- Certificate header – As a default, there is a text “Salary certificate” in the field. The text can be changed if necessary.
- Payday between – Enter the time period, within the info is retrieved to the salary certificate.
- Signature – The name of the person forming the salary certificate is automatically entered to the field. The name can be manually changed if necessary.
- Contact information - The phone number of the person forming the salary certificate is automatically entered to the field. The number can be manually changed if necessary.
- Job title – The job title is automatically retrieved from the Job title field in person register. The info can be manually added to the field before forming the salary certificate.
- Language – The language of the salary certificate can be defined on the field.
- Additional information – The additional info to be shown on the certificate can be added to the field.
Info on the salary certificate
Salary certificate shows the following information:
- Name, address and business ID of the payer
- Name address, social security number and job title of the employee
- Employment relationship information
- Taxable income
- Holiday bonus
- Holiday compensation
- Shift or seasonal work compensation
From the part of earned income, the salary card shows the cumulative amount for precious year, for current year and for the selected salary period. Procountor retrieves all salaries that are in statuses paid, paid elsewhere and sent to bank. Also, the payday of the salary must be within the time period set to the Payday between field.
At the bottom of the salary certificate, there is the contact info of the person signing the certificate.
Calculation of the amounts
Salary subject to withholding contains all salaries, fees, partial fees, compensations and fringe benefits.
- Holiday pay and holiday compensation are also included in the Salary subject to withholding.
The pay slip’s row Shift or seasonal differential contains the following salary types:
- 1410 Sunday work compensation
- 1411 Sunday work compensation (no automatic calculation)
- 1412 Sunday work allowance 30%
- 1440 Night work
- 1441 Evening work compensation 15%
- 1442 Night work allowance 45%
- 1443 Night work allowance 40%
- 1444 Night work allowance 30%
- 1445 Night work allowance 20%
- 1446 Evening work compensation, eve of bank holiday
- 1447 Evening work allowance
- 1448 Night work allowance
- 1449 Sunday night work allowance
- 1450 Sunday evening work allowance
- 1451 Sunday night shift allowance
- 1452 Evening work compensation
- 1453 Saturday work compensation 20%
- 1454 Saturday work compensation 25%
- 1455 Saturday work compensation 10%
- 1456 Saturday work compensation 60%
- 1457 Saturday work compensation
Overtime compensation is not included in Shift or seasonal differential. Shift or seasonal differential is also included in Salary subject to withholding.
The pay slip’s row Holiday bonus contains the following salary types from the salary slips:
- 2230 Holiday bonus
- 2231 Holiday bonus, standard divider 25
- 2232 Holiday bonus, hourly wages
- 2233 Holiday bonus
Salary type 2205 Leave for which holiday bonuses are paid, standard divider 25 is not counted in to the Holiday bonus row. The salary type in question is not calculated as bonus, but as a normal taxable income.
The pay slip’s row Holiday pay contains the following salary types from the salary slips:
- 2201 Holiday pay
- 2202 Holiday pay, monthly wages
- 2203 Holiday pay, hourly wages
- 2204 Holiday pay, monthly wages, standard divider 25
- 2206 Holiday pay 9%
- 2207 Holiday pay 11, 5%
- 2240 Meal allowance during holiday)
The pay slip’s row Holiday compensation contains the following salary types:
- 2220 Holiday compensation at the end of employment
- 2221 Holiday compensation at the end of employment, monthly wage
- 2222 Holiday compensation at the end of employment, hourly wage
- 2223 Holiday compensation for a short-term employment (excl. fringe benefits)
- 2224 Holiday compensation for a short-term employment (incl. fringe benefits)
- 2225 Holiday compensation (lump sum)