In Procountor, the formation of accounting entries on the salary slip accounting page is defined in the usage settings in the Management menu and in Posting defaults > Salary defaults. It is defined in the usage settings as to whether salary slips should be posted by salary row by default. The setting must be activated when default salary postings according to salary type are needed.
Procountor automatically forms an accounting receipt of the salary slip. The Usage settings view is used to define the accuracy by which the salary slip’s accounting receipt is formed.
This is defined in Management > Company info > Usage settings, click Salary posting.
Accounting is done by row
This alternative forms an accurate accounting receipt on which every salary type used on the salary slip is specified in a separate accounting entry on the accounting receipt. Among others, this selection enables the employer’s obligatory insurance fees to be specified with separate accounting entries on the accounting receipt.
Accounting is not done by row
If salary postings are not done by row the postings of salary rows will be based on categories. The categories are as following:
- Accrued salary expenses
- Fringe benefit counter transaction
- Fringe benefits
- Salaries and wages
- Other employer’s insurances
- Other deductions (Salary types 5900, 6040, 6050, 6080, 6090, 6091, 6092, 6093, 6094, 6095, 6099, 6100)
- Other operating costs (Salary types 2671, 2930, 4070, 4080)
- Net pay
- Other receivables
- Travel expences
- Employer Employee’s pension insurance
- Health care insurance
- Withholding tax/tax at source
This alternative forms an accounting receipt on which the salary slip’s salary information is combined. If you would like to form combined accounting, the shares of employer’s and employee’s payments can be searched for using separate salary reports. For example, the employee’s payment report and the employer’s contribution report are salary reports prepared for this purpose.
Defining salary slip accounting
The formation of accounting entries on the salary slip’s accounting receipt can be defined by salary type. The precondition is that salary posting by row has been selected in the usage settings. When the setting is on, the Default salary postings view will open in the ‘Management’ menu.
You can view the definition of accounting accounts in Management > Accounting info > Posting defaults > Default salary postings.
There is complete Procountor default posting for all salary types. You can change the default accounts by searching for the default postings that you want to change and using the function Edit multiple rows.
Searching for default postings
In the Salary default posting view, you can search for salary type default postings by salary type name, code or salary category, for example. These are suitable search criteria when you know the exact salary type whose accounting definitions you want to change.
The account search criterion is a suitable choice when you know the accounting account you want to change, i.e. you would like to change an existing posting default to another accounting account. Note that the accounting account that you have searched for can be found either in the Debit or Credit column.
Changing an accounting account
Salary type default posting is changed in the accounting account of either the Debit or Credit column. If the accounting account to be changed is found in both columns, the change must first be made on the salary types in which the accounting account is located in the other column (e.g. Debit) and only then on the salary types in which the accounting account is in the remaining column (Credit). The accounting account cannot be changed simultaneously for all of the salary types if it is found in the Debit and Credit columns of the selected salary types.
- Select the salary types whose accounting account you want to change.
- Click the Edit multiple rows button to open the Change accounts to be used view.
- Check whether you are editing the accounting account of the Debit or Credit column.
- If you are changing the Debit column, for instance, search the Debit posting list for the accounting account that you want to replace. You can search for the correct accounting account in the list by starting to type the number or name of the accounting account.
- The consolidation of specific salary types is already designed for the accounting receipt, so no selection should be made at Consolidate without a clear goal.
- The change will apply from the moment you click the Continue button.