This pages contains frequent questions in the customer service and answers to them.
Lost username or password
Lost Procountor credentials can be ordered from Procountor's login page by selecting Problems signing in? link. The software will open a view where you can select which credential is missing.
- If your personal password has been lost for some reason, select Lost personal password. We will send you instructions how to reset the password to the e-mail address provided in the Personal information in the program. The mobile phone number should also be entered in the Personal information for the password reset to succeed.
- If your password list has been lost, select Lost one-time password. Enter both your username and password and after this, the next one-time password is sent to the mobile phone number saved in your Procountor's Personal information and settings as an SMS message.
- The user will not require a single-use password list for his or her first login. The list will be created during the user’s first session. The user will receive a Welcome message, and the list of single-use passwords will open on screen after the user has read and closed the message. The user can save a new password list to own computer in HTML or PDF forma. More information about the first login can be found here.
- More instructions about the login problems can be found here.
Problems with Finago Key
- If the mobile device does not have an internet access, it is possible to login with an offline code. When logging in with Finago Key without internet access, push My device is offline button. After pushing the button, the application will provide an offline code to insert to the login page of Procountor. The code changes every 30 seconds.
- If the device is lost you can quit the use of Finago Key on Procountor’s login page. Push Problems signing in? link and select Problems with Finago Key. Select Lost device and fill in your Procountor credentials. After this the program will cut the connection to all the devices in which you have used Finago Key application.
How to implement payment transfers and what is a Banking code?
- You must save your bank and account number into Management > Company information > Bank account information
- Submit the bank connection authorization to your bank.
- The banking code is indicated in the agreement signed with your bank and is usually your company’s business ID in 9-digit form, including the zeros at the beginning but without the check digit hyphen. The zeroes at the beginning of the business ID are not omitted from the banking code unless the ID is more than 9 digits long.
Have my payments been sent to the bank already?
- A receipt in status Payment queued is waiting for the next payment batch run. Receipts in status Payment sent to bank have already been sent to the bank, and then if you want to cancel the payment you have to contact the bank. If the payment has not been made by the bank you may agree with the bank to cancel the payment. When that is done, you can delete the payment entry from the system in the Payment view by the Delete payment button.
- If the payment has already been made the payment cancellation is not possible. You should agree with the payment receiver how to return the money.
- When a salary list payment has been cancelled from bank, contact Procountor's customer service before Deleting the payment from Procountor.
Why have the payments not been sent?
- Banks can reject payments for reasons such as an incorrect bank account number or insufficient balance. In such cases, the payment will not be executed and the status of the invoice will remain Payment sent to bank. In Payments > Bank statements and reference payments, check if the payment is shown in the bank statement.
- The payment date is the date on which the payment data is transferred to the bank. If the invoice’s payment date is in the future, the invoice will remain in the Payment queued status until 5.30 a.m. on the payment date, when the payment data will be transferred to the bank. If the invoice’s payment date is the current date, the payment transaction will be transferred to the bank according to the transfer schedule. If the payment date is in the past, the payment transaction is transferred to the bank in the next transfer batch run. Express payments and Salaries will be transferred to the bank on the debiting date of the payer’s account.
Bank statements and reference payments
Why am I not seeing bank statements in the program?
- If bank statements have not been received, the reason may be that an agreement on bank statements with the bank has not been made or the agreement specifies weekly or monthly bank statements. The reason may also be that no transactions exist, because we do not import empty statements (without transactions) to the system. We recommend contacting the bank. You can also test it by paying an invoice through the system.
- We import the previous banking day’s bank statements in the morning of each workday.
- If Procountor has a common issues with bank statements you can read about it on the front page of the program in Announcements widget and from Disruption info.
Why have reference payments not been allocated to sales invoices?
- If the payment has not been allocated to the invoice, the reason can be that the bank reference number has not been used by the payer or the reference number has been wrong. You can correct this in the Reference payments view by entering the reference number in the Correct reference field (the 10th column) and clicking the Approve button. When the payment has been allocated to the correct sales invoice, the invoice status becomes Paid.
- If the payment has arrived with the correct reference but has still not been allocated to the invoice, the probable reason is that the invoice status has been Unfinished. An invoice like this is not yet a business transaction and an open invoice. Reference payments are allocated to open invoices only.
Why can't I open a file?
- If you cannot open a file please check if the Pop up windows are enabled. More information about browser pop up windows can be found in browsers own website.
Invoices and errors in invoices
How do I return an approved purchase invoice to an Unfinished status?
- If you need to edit or invalidate a purchase invoice after approval, you can return it from status Approved to status Unfinished when you go to the Receipt search, select action Verification to show the Verification view and click Exception > Restore the previous. If the Restore the previous option is not active, the receipt belongs to a closed fiscal year or tracking period. In that case, you must open the fiscal year or tracking period first in section Management > Accounting info > Fiscal years.
I sent a sales invoice by mistake and noticed after sending that it contained errors. What should I do?
- If the invoice is still on the Invoices to be sent -page, it's possible to cancel the sending.
- There is no way to cancel sending if the invoice status is Sent and if the invoice is not on the Invoices to be sent -page. The Sales invoice view contains the button Edit, which has the drop-down menu option Create credit invoice, or you can use the Go to button and select the option Special situations and in that view click the Create credit invoice button, that opens the Credit invoice function. The Create credit invoice button can also be found in the drop-down menu of the Edit button.
Note! When creating a credit invoice to a purchase invoice, you create a purchase invoice with a minus sign (credit invoice) for the sum to be credited by copying the original invoice. After this, mark the credit invoice to status Paid elsewhere on the date the payment arrived in the bank account.
Why can’t a person in the Personnel role create his or her own travel and expense invoices?
- If the main user has not added the person in the Personnel role to the Person register, he/she cannot create a travel or an expense invoice. The main user should check that this person has been entered in the register, the person’s proper social security number has been used and the persons username is linked to the person info in the register.
- If a person in the Personnel role tries to create an invoice in the New travel or expense invoice section without having entered his/her social security number in section Personal info and settings, an error message is displayed asking the person to add the social security number in the Personal info and settings. The problem is solved when the person’s social security number is entered.
- However, if the system keeps on displaying the error message, you should contact the main user. The main user should investigate that the new person was added with the same social security number as the one that the person entered in the Personal info and settings section.
The income statement and balance sheet do not balance, what shall I do?
- It is advisable to start by identifying which month the imbalance starts. A good report for this can be found in Accounting > Reconciliation tools > Account inspection report. The report gives you a quick look at the income statement and balance sheet balances and the possible difference.
- When the month in unbalance is found, we recommend that you check if it is due to the VAT. You can find this out e.g. in the VAT summary by the Get modified receipts button.
- If the sums have been changed, it means that changes in the VAT entries have been made after creating the VAT summary, which causes the difference. This can be corrected by creating a new VAT summary for that month, which considers the changes.