A new salary calculation section will be enabled in Procountor which makes it possible to pay salaries and report them to the Incomes Register. Salary calculation will be implemented using the current salary calculation functionality until the end of 2018. After this, the system will switch to the new salary calculation section.
The salary reform is proceeding gradually. As a payroll accountant, you can start to transfer data to the new Salaries section starting from September 2018.
NB. The new salary base will be released December 2018, along with the changes in stage 3.
This is how the salary reform is proceeding in autumn 2018
- Start by adding the employer’s insurance policies to your Procountor environment
You can find the Salary info (new) view in the Management menu. Enter the insurance policies valid in 2019 to the Salaries basic info view. In this view, you can also specify the income payer’s additional information required for the Incomes Register. You should get familiar with the view ahead of time and enter the information in advance.
- Checking the employee register
Check that the number of persons in the Person register in the new salary calculation section matches the number of persons in your current person register. This is an important step because some amendments were made to the Person register in the September 2018 version update with regard to the mandatory data fields.
- Copying old salary information
The Employee register includes a Copy Salary info from old button, which transfers the information from the current Salary info view to the Salary info view in the new salary calculation system.
- Checking salary information
The Salary info (new) view includes several new data fields, so even if you copy the salary info, it is still a good idea to go through it.
Obtaining certificates possible from 1 November 2018 onward
The electronic Incomes Register service will be launched on 1 November 2018. After this date, you can obtain an electronic certificate for your Procountor environment for transferring salary information.
Obtaining the certificate is important in case you want to electronically submit earnings payment reports to the Incomes Register from Procountor on a regular basis after 1 January 2019.
Brand new salary types will be launched in November 2018.
The new Salary base will be released December 2018, along with the changes in stage 3.
Filling in the salary bases is the single most important task when switching to use the new salary calculation section. You cannot directly transfer a salary base from the current salary calculation section to the new section by copying as the new salary types are strictly in accordance with the income type settings of the Incomes Register. The new salary types are considerably more specific than the current salary types used in Procountor.
- The salary types suitable for the employee are imported to the Salary base view. The new salary types are in accordance with the income types of the Incomes Register, which is why it is important to check the income types used for the employees. You can find more information about income types in our manual and on the Finnish Tax Administration’s website.
- You can implement the editing of several salary bases using a support function. You can create a tax base template, which can be copied for several employees.
- Starting from November, housing and company car benefit information can be added via the employee register menu. Company car or housing benefits can be transferred to the salary base.
- From November onwards, it will also be possible to simultaneously update the Salary info views of several employees. For instance, you can add the new Employees’ Pension Act contract to several employees at a time. A new functionality will be implemented to assist with the mass update of the data fields of the Salary info view.
- Please note, however, that salary calculation is done in the current salary calculation section until the end of 2018. Changing employee information must be updated both in the current and new salary calculation sections.
Direct transfer of tax cards from 28 November 2018 onward
The direct transfer of tax cards entering into force in February 2019 can be implemented from the end of November onward. The Salary info view in the new Salaries section can include several tax cards simultaneously for one person.
In the direct transfer of tax cards, tax card information is obtained from the tax administration, and the validity date of the tax card determines the tax card used in the salary statement.
The biggest task when switching to the new salary calculation section is to transfer the salary information and re-build the salary base. You will reap the fruit of your labor in December 2018/January 2019 when you can start to implement the actual salary calculation in the new salary calculation section.
The December version update will include the New salary list view, which will enable you to begin calculating salaries. All new salary calculation functions will be launched at the same time, from submitting salary calculations to payments and accounting.
- Create a new salary list.
- We would recommend setting aside some time to check the pay slips.
- Pay slips are sent and paid, after which the salary statement accounting is generated.
- Starting from January 2019, salary information is submitted to the Incomes Register using an Earnings payment report and the Employer’s separate report.
The development of Procountor’s new Salaries section will continue in spring 2019.