Salary lists are created in the section Payroll (new) > New Salary list.
Information on a new salary list
The creation of a new salary list begins by defining the dates for the salary list.
- Mandatory information includes payment period, accounting date, due date and the name of the salary list.
- Salary list dates can be entered manually.
- Another alternative is to utilize the existing salary periods. When salary periods have been created beforehand in the salary calculation information, dates and a name are automatically entered for new salary lists.
Holiday credit year
- Holiday credit year is between 1.4.-31.3.
- Procountor shows the current credit year and one year before and after the current year. Select the right credit year for the list.
- The field is mandatory.
- Salary periods are made in Management > Salary info > Salary periods, to atomize the salary slip creation. By selecting a period Procountor fills the date automatically to the slip.
Salary list name
- Determine the name of the list. If salary periods have been created before hand this field will be filled automatically.
- The salary lists can be searched by their names from the salary list search.
- The field is mandatory.
Payment period start and end
- Dates define which period’s salaries are handled.
- The period cannot be changed after the salary list has been created.
Earnings period start and end
- This is voluntary information that is transferred with the income register notification, where you can also notify an earning period that deviates from the salary period, if necessary. The earning period can also be defined by salary rows, for example, in situations where a specific benefit was earned earlier.
Copy dates from Payment period
- Copies the salary period as the earning period.
- Defines which accounting period the salary list belongs to.
- The date is the date on which salaries are transferred to the bank.
- The date is the date on which salaries are in the employees’ bank accounts. Payday is one banking day after the due date.
- The amount is calculated automatically according to the salary period.
- The information is informative.
Additional information to slips
- The same additional information can be added to all salary slips in the additional information to slips field.
- This additional information can still be edited on individual salary slips.
Working time allocation for earning holidays
- Working days and Working hours are meant for those employees which have holiday accounting on in the Employee register. These fields are mandatory if the calculation is on.
- By using these allocated days and hours, Procountor calculates earned holiday days based on the employees holiday settings.
- It is possible to allocate the hours and days one employee at the time.
- If the holiday calculation is not on, the allocation will not effect the employees salary calculation. Read more about holiday calculation here.
Adding employees to a salary list is done in the ‘Employee’ section by clicking Add.
- This opens the employee register where more detailed search criteria can be used to search for employees, if necessary.
- Choose the employees that will be exported to the salary list from the register, click Add to salary list, and the employees will be added to the new salary list.
The Remove button removes selected employees from a salary list.
Employees are organized into rows on the salary list as seen in the picture. The row shows the name of the employee, salary channel, the ‘no information’ selection, salary base, number, total sum, number of workdays, absences as well as amounts for Employees’ Pension Act payments, unemployment insurance, accident insurances and group life insurance.
The no data selection is used when salary is not paid to an employee, yet taxes are withheld and insurances paid. In this case, the program will create for this employee a salary slip with a total sum of zero.
At this point, some salary information that is created for employees can be edited, such as the employees’ and employer’s payment percentages. Other salary slip information, such as salary rows, can be edited only when the salary slip has been created.
Creating salary slips
When information has been entered on a new salary list and employees imported, salaries are created by clicking the Create slips button.
- This generates a new salary list with salary slips.
- Salary slips will at first have the status Unfinished, which means their information can be edited before approving and paying the salaries.
You can find additional information on the salary list view functions here. You can also read more about the salary list search, where you can accept all salary slips on a list at once, among other things.
Another option for creating salary lists is to utilize the import salary data function. By clicking Select file, the imported salary data is chosen and a new salary list is created on the basis of the material. You can find more information on importing salary data here.