The insurance exceptions in Procountor are discussed in this article.
The obligation to insure and insurance exception
Employer has an obligation to insure his employees. In Procountor it is a basic assuption that all employees are insured with social insurances. Social insurances are unemployment, health, earnings-related pension and accident insurances.
By insurance exception we mean the situation when an employee does not belong to the field of some of the social insurances or the employer does not have the obligation to pay the insurance.
In Earnings payment report which is reported into Income register the salary payer has to report if the insurances are not paid. For example if the employee belongs to the field of YEL insurance the information of insurance exceptions has to be reported. Read more about Income register's instructions here.
The effect of insurance excretion to salary base
The picture below illustrates how the insurance exceptions are formed for YEL or MyEL salary earner. Procountor will automatically put the insurance exceptions for social insurances except the health insurance.
Read more deeper instructions about YEL and MyEL insurance cases in Procountor here.
Effects to salary base rows
- In the salary base the rows TyEL payment and Unemployment insurance payment will be deleted when the insurance is YEL/MyEL.
- Insurance exceptions will be automatically put to salary slips and the information will transfer to Income register reports.
- The insurances will not be deducted from salary rows that would otherwise belong to the field of these insurances.
Effects to employers payments
- In salary base and salary slip the insurance calculators will show 0,00 in the earlier mentioned insurances.
The effect of the insurance exceptions to salary rows
Insurance exception will disable all insurance calculations from salary rows. Even if the salary type should be effected by insurances the exceptions will overdrive the default setting and put the insurance calculator to zero.
The picture below will illustrate how the insurance exceptions are working in the salary rows.
Insurance exception: voluntary insurance in Finland
If employer is not obligated to insure the employee but the insurance is voluntarily taken the information should be reported to income register. More information about the reporting and income register's own instruction can be found here.
The picture below will show how the voluntary information effects the salary calculation.
Information transferring to the Earning's payment report
- Insurance exception type: Not under Finnish social security.
- Insurance exception: Voluntary insurance in Finland (TyEL).