From this page you will find information about recent service disruptions in Procountor. Fixed features can be found from New features in version updates page.
Connection issues between Procountor and Finago Key June 5th, 2020 / Fixed 5.6.2020
Some of our users are experiencing issues when verifying their login with Finago Key application. We are currently investigating the issue.
You can verify your login with the one-time password list. If you do not have your one-time password list, go to secure.procountor.com and click Problems signing in?
1. Select Lost one-time password
2. Fill in your username and password and click Continue
3. Your one-time password will be sent to you as a text message to the phone number saved in your Personal info after you click Send one-time password
4. After logging in, you can get a new one-time password list in Personal info and settings > Change passwords lists. Please note you do not have to save a new password list if you have only forgotten your password list at home.
You can find more instructions here: One-time password is lost
Fixed Jun 5th: The problem has been fixed.
Service break in Ilmoitin.fi (Katso-services) 9th of June 2020 morning
On Tuesday 9th of June 2020, the Tax service's Ilmoitin-service is being updated. During this update www.ilmoitin.fi and external program integrations are not in use.
This affects Procountor so that Katso-service is not in use 9th of June 2020 from 6:55 to 9:05 am.
More information about the update can be found from this link.
Maintenance break on Sat, June 6th at 7 am - 1 pm
On Saturday 6th of June, we will have a technical service break related to improving disk system components in the data center.
The service break starts at 7 am and lasts until approx. 1 pm. Procountor and Procountor Mini cannot be accessed during this time. The maintenance break will also affect Procountor's integrations and services using the Procountor API.
We apologize for the inconvenience this service break might cause.
Disruption in approving and sending Income tax return / Updated 27.4.2020
Corona may effect the scanning service of OpusCapita
Due to the current Corona pandemic and shutting down borders, we have to prepare our selves to disruptions in OpusCapita scanning service considering PDF invoices and email invoices that are sent to @docinbound.com email address.
Observations about the earnings payment reports of YEL insured entrepreneurs
Some of our customers have contacted us concerning YEL insurance and its insurance exceptions. Insurance companies are currently going over the reported insurance information from 2019 and have contacted their own customers concerning the missing insurance exceptions of the YEL insurances.
These may be due to the feature implemented in Procuntor in 2018 where selecting YEL insurance did not automatically select the insurance exceptions No obligation to provide: Earnings-related pension, Unemployment pension and Accident and occupational disease insurance. These selections had to be made by hand by the wages clerk. based on the feedback be received from our customers, we automated the insurance exception in late 2018, and from there on, the insurance exceptions were automatically selected if YEL insurance was selected as the pension insurance.
In Procountor, an employee who is subject to YEL insurance should have at least Earnings-related pension selected as an insurance exception. If this is not selected, the information about the employee will be directed to the same place at the insurance company as TyEL insurance.
If you have been contacted by your insurance company concerning the insufficient insurance exception information, follow these instructions:
- Check with Incomes register if the intended insurance exception has been reported to the Incomes register
- if this information is missing, make the corrections in Incomes register
- If the information is correct in Incomes register, contact your insurance company to find out why they have not received this information from Incomes register.
- If the insurance exception information in Incomes register is incorrect, check the employee’s insurance information in the Employee register in Procountor. If the insurance information in Procountor is incorrect, re-activate the YEL insurance selection by switching the selection to TyEL, then back to YEL. Make sure the insurance exceptions in Procountor are now as they should be.