Procountor Receipts is a smartphone application allowing the user to photograph expense receipts on their smartphone and add information to them. The application digitises the receipts and transfers them to Procountor automatically for use on travel or expense invoices. Receipts can also be added to bank statements, sales invoices, purchase invoices and journals by clicking on the Attachments button and selecting Add receipts. Procountor Receipts is based on the eTasku mobile application.
Implementation of Procountor Receipts
- Procountor Receipts works on iPhone, Windows Phone and Android smartphones.
- Downloading applications from the Windows Phone requires logging in with your Microsoft account.
- Instructions for downloading applications for iPhones are provided on Apple’s support pages.
- Google’s support pages contain instructions for downloading Android applications.
Logging into the application
Adopting the application in your organisation
Adoption in more than one organisation
2. Zoom the pictures to ensure that they are sharp enough to make out the information. If the picture quality is good, select Save. If you do not wish to save the picture, select Cancel. If you do not wish to save the picture and want to take a new one, you can do this through the Camera function.
3. Once the image of the receipt has been saved, go to the Information view and enter the information related to the receipt. The location where the product or service was purchased is entered as the Place of purchase. The date on the receipt is entered as the Date. You can also enter the Price and Vat % as additional information. Choose the product group that corresponds to the product information, such as Daily allowances. At present, the default product group is Other products and default product Other expense. Choose the payment method, for example Credit card if the purchase was made with a credit card. Finish by saving the information with the Save button.
4. After the information has been saved, the receipt will be displayed in the main view of the Procountor Receipts application, and you can use the + button to take more pictures of receipts.
5. The cog button opens the application settings, displaying the name and company of the logged-in user.
6. You can log out of the application by pressing the Logout button in the settings view.
Browsing, editing and deleting receipts
Product versions and privileges
Procountor Receipts can be used with all versions of Procountor apart from the Purchase and Sale versions. The function cannot be implemented in the demo or learning environments. Access to all of the organisation’s receipts requires that the user’s role is not personnel, the user’s access rights are not limited to his/her own travel and expense invoices, and that the user has the right to create travel and expense invoices and has at least viewing rights to the Employee register.
Announcements in Procountor
The person who adopted the application will receive the above announcement after creating the first receipt in Procountor Receipts and logging into Procountor.
The above announcement will also be displayed in the Announcements widget once any user registered to the company in question has adopted Procountor Receipts and saved a receipt through the application.
New receipts widget
In the Receipt management view, users can delete receipts and browse previously processed receipts on the Processed tab. The Receipt management view can also be used to browse and search for receipts, and to view all information and images attached to receipts. Several rows can be selected at once by holding the CTRL or SHIFT keys, or by using the selection boxes.
If the user for whom the travel or expense invoice is being created has not been added to the company’s Employee register, the user attempting to create the invoice will receive the following error message. In such cases, a person with access rights to the company’s Personnel register must add the receipt owner’s information to the Personnel register, and the person’s personal identity code must be the same as that saved in the Personal information and settings view.
The image of the receipt will be automatically attached to the invoice.
The Attachments button opens a view, through which receipts or other file attachments can be added to existing travel or expense invoices, journals, bank statements, sales invoices and purchase invoices. The Delete button removes the selected attachment.
New receipts widget for accountants and main users
Adding receipts to other receipt types
Receipts can be added to purchase invoices, journals, sales invoices and bank statements from the receipt or accounting views, by clicking on the Attachments button followed by the Add receipts button. Row information is imported to purchase invoices on the basis of the receipt information entered in Procountor Receipts. Rows will only be added when a receipt is attached to the invoice through the purchase invoice view. In other words, rows will not be added when attachments are added to the invoice through the accounting page.
Costs of Procountor Receipts use and invoicing
Use of the receipt functionalities in Procountor is free of charge. The processing of other people’s receipts by accountants or the organisation’s main user in Procoutor is not subject to any additional costs.
Termination of use and invoicing
Users will be able to use Procountor Receipts in Procountor if the company has not prohibited use of Procountor Receipts. The Integration settings under Management > Company info > Usage settings in Procountor includes the item "Permit use of the Procountor Receipts application in the company?”. If this item is unticked, the notification "You are terminating the Procountor Receipts service for all users in the company, are you sure you wish to do this?" will be displayed.
The Integration settings also include the item Procountor Receipts users. Users of the Procountor environment with Full privileges to Company information can terminate Procountor Receipts use for individual users. The Procountor Receipts users function opens a new view, in which you can tick the users whose Procountorin Receipts use will be terminated. Tick the desired users and finish by selecting Terminate Procountor Receipts use.