Invoices and other payments can be made from Procountor. Procountor will send the payments to the bank to be processed. Sometime bank rejects the payments for example if there are insufficient funds on the bank account. That is when we receive a payment error message from the bank.
Procountor sends payments that user has made to the bank where they are processed according to the banks own schedules. Bank checks that the payment details are correct and also if there are sufficient funds on the account to cover all the payments. For example if funds are insufficient bank will send an error message to Procountor, this message is then found in the view Management > Payment and sending errors for the user to process these errors.
Some of the error messages are handled by the Procountor customer service. User who made the payment is then informed by email. There can be differences between the banks when it comes to getting these error messages.
Below is a list of all those errors where users can themselves process and fix the payments in Procountor. All of the errors are informed by the banks and are payments that got rejected.
Not enough funds in the payment accounts
This means that on the payment day there wasn’t required funds on the bank account to cover the payments. In this situation payments need to be resend when sufficient funds are available.
Vouchers has status Payment sent to bank. Payment needs to be removed using Remove payment function in the Payment view and then resend with the Pay button. Payment is forwarded to the bank in the next transfer of payments.
The address of the payee is missing
In this error message bank has informed that payee address is missing from the payment details. Some foreign banks (e.g. Swedbank in Estonia, BIC code HABAEE2X) require that SEPA –payments have the address of the payee. In Procountor it is possible to add receiver’s address only when on the Payment view Foreign payment is selected (C2B), this is SEPA currency payment.
Voucher has status Payment sent to bank. Payment needs to be removed using Remove payment function in the Payment view. After this the payment can be resent by selecting Foreign payment to Payment method and then clicking the pen icon next to Recipient’s name and address and filling in the address details. Payment is then accepted and sent by clicking Pay button. Payment is forwarded to the bank in the next transfer of payments.
Problem with bank account settings or in the agreement with the bank
Bank will use this error message on rejected payment if the payer has incorrect banking code saved in the Bank account information or there is now contract between the payer and the bank (or it is not active as yet).
- Payer should check from the bank that the contract with the bank has been made , to make this contract a bank connection authorization can be used.
- If contract is in place and it is active should payer check from the bank or from the contract what is the correct banking code. This is normally the company id without the hyphen. Banking code should be changed in Management > Company info > Bank account information. Select field Banking code, change the code and save.
When contract has been made or the banking code corrected the payment transaction that has status Payment sent to bank should be removed with Remove payment function on the Payment view. After this invoices can be paid normally by selecting Pay. Payment is then transferred to the bank in the next transfer of payments.
Please note that if banking code has been incorrect there might be other payments with incorrect banking code that have payment dates in the future. These vouchers have status Payment queued. Payment transactions should be removed from these payments and then resent for payment after the banking code has been corrected.
Payee bank account number is invalid
This error message means that payment has been rejected because of an error in the receiver’s IBAN account number or BIC code. Incorrect details should be checked on the Payment or Invoice view.
- Please check that payee’s IBAN account number and BIC codes match. E. g. could there be a situation where account number is for Nordea but BIC code is for OP-Pohjola.
- Check also that the IBAN account number is correct, that there are no missing or extra digits. (IBAN in Finland should be 18 digits long.)
- If payment was made to abroad and both account number and BIC code are correct, it is possible that payee’s bank won’t accept SEPA payments with BIC code in question. In this situation you need to contact the receiver and as for a BIC code that would be accepted.
Payment transaction that has status Payment sent to bank should be removed with Remove payment function on the Payment view. Bank account details can be corrected on the Payment view or in the invoice view when it has first been changed to status Unfinished. When details have been corrected invoice can be paid normally with Pay button. Payment is then transferred to the bank in the next transfer of payments.
Payment cannot be made in the currency used
Error message has been received from the bank because currency that has been used in the payment is not accepted. Payee can’t receive payments in this currency and currency needs to be changed.
- it could be that payments to the payee’s country can’t be sent in this currency
- or for example receiver has an euro account and payment is made in dollars
Payment transaction that has status Payment sent to bank should be removed with Remove payment function on the Payment view. Then invoice need to be moved back to Unfinished status and currency changed. When incorrect details have been corrected invoice can be paid normally with Pay button in the Payment view. Payment is then transferred to the bank in the next transfer of payments.