Group dimensioning enables dimensioning of multiple invoices at the same time.
The feature is found from the Receipt search view. First, the invoices to be dimensioned are searched. After this, Group dimensioning is chosen from the More actions drop-down menu.
Group dimensioning view
Save button saves the set dimensions.
Balance values button balances the values of last chosen items automatically in a way that the total percentage of a dimension’s items is 100 percent.
Clear values button removes all dimensions. A single dimension can be removed by choosing the first value (empty field) as the dimension’s item from the drop-down menu.
Add item button is used to add more items to dimensions. In order to get this button visible, the user must have access to all rights to basic accounting info.
Invoice button is used to go to the Invoice view when the receipt type is sales invoice, purchase invoice or travel / expense invoice.
Accounting button is used to go to the receipt’s Accounting view.
Select all button selects all receipts or removes the selection from all receipts.
Setting group dimensions
The user can select the invoices or receipts to be dimensioned by marking them or removing the mark in the box at the beginning of each row in the lower section of the Group dimensioning view. By using the Select all button, the user can select or deselect all rows.
The dimensions for the selected receipts are set in the upper section of the view. The dimensioning is done on the level of receipts.
- New drop-down menus appear as new items are chosen for dimensions.
- The percentage of an item is added to the field under the item. The total amount of the items of one dimension must be 100 percent.
- If a lot of items have been created, the search opened from the magnifying glass icon is a useful tool. The search field allows also parts of items’ names; the results will then show all items that match the partial name entered.
When the dimensions have been set, the Save button in the upper section of the view saves the changes.
In the opening Previously dimensioned receipts view, the option of Replace (all), Replace (selected dimension) or Add is chosen:
- Replace (all) button removes all existing dimensioning from the selected receipts and sets only the newly set dimensions to the receipts.
- Replace (selected dimension) button replaces the existing dimensioning with the newly set dimensions. The changes affect the selected dimensions only; the dimensions that have not been selected in Group dimensioning remain unchanged.
- Add button creates dimensions only to the receipts that have no previous dimensions.