The Payment behaviour report can be used to examine the payment behaviour of the company and its customers. The report illustrates how many invoices there are for a certain business partner, what is the total amount of the invoice and are the invoices being paid in time or late.
The report is found in Reports > Payment reports > Payment behaviour report.
The buttons in the upper section
Search report button creates a report according to the search criteria.
Clear button clears the search criteria.
Export data button exports the search results into an Excel file in CSV format.
Age distribution of invoices button is used to go to the Age distribution of invoices report.
- This field has two options: Customers and Suppliers. This selection determines if the report is used to examine the payment behaviour of customers or the company itself in relation to its suppliers.
- The time interval of the report is chosen in these fields. The default start date is the first day of the current financial year. The default end date is the present day.
- This field determines the business partner groups to be used as search criteria. By default, there are selections of All, Without group and Passivated. Listed are also all other business partner groups that have possibly been created to the environment.
- In this field, it is possible to choose business partners to be included in the report one by one. Listed are all business partners that are created or imported to the environment. If a certain reporting group has been chosen in the Reporting group field, it is possible to choose only the business partners belonging to the reporting group. Reporting groups are determined in the basic info of business partners (for example, in Customer’s basic info view with customers). If a business partner belongs to only one business partner group, the group is also the reporting group of the business partner by default. However, if there are several business partner groups, the reporting group has to chosen among the several alternatives.
Include business partners without events
- This selection includes business partners that do not have payment transactions within the given time interval to the report.
Excel, HTML and PDF buttons are used to export the search results to different kinds of file formats.
The search results list the business partners in alphabetical order by name. In addition to the name, the listing displays the following data:
- Company ID: business identity code or social security number depending on the type of the business partner
- Customer No.: the customer number found in the business partner register
- Reporting group: the reporting group that the business partner possibly belongs to
- of Invoices: number of invoices that are within the given time interval
- Invoices total: total sum of the invoices that are within the given time interval
- Due date – Payment date: The difference between due date and payment date. The value is the average of all invoices within the given time interval. A negative value (highlighted in red) means that invoices have been paid late. A positive value means that invoices have been paid in advance. If the value is zero, the invoices have been paid on their due date.
The total sum of invoices of all business partners is displayed below the search results under the Invoices total column. Correspondingly, the average payment time of all business partners is shown under the Due date – Payment date column.
The search results can be examined more thoroughly in a business partner level by clicking a business partner’s name. This action opens a new section in the view with the following information:
- Invoice no.
- Invoice date
- Due date
- Invoice amount
- Paid amount
- Payment date
- Due date – Payment date
- New due date: this column displays the possible new due date that has been set to the invoice. However, the value in the Due date – Payment date column is calculated by the original due date.
The business partner specific search results display each payment transaction as a separate row. For example, if the selected business partner has two invoices with a total of three payment transactions, the search results will display three rows. By clicking the invoice number, you can drill down into the Invoice view.