Cash flow report can be used to observe the balances of bank accounts from the perspectives of past, present and future. The report is also able to forecast the future cash flows from Procountor’s future transactions that have not yet created actual cash processes.
The Cash flow report is updated every two hours during the day between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m. The most recent update time is displayed in the top left corner of the report.
The Cash flow report is found in Reports > Cashflow reporting.
Common to all different search criteria menus is the eraser icon (Clear selections) in the top right corner. The eraser is used to clear selections in the menus. There is also a Clear selections button in the bottom of the view that is used to set all values back to default. The different characteristics of the different search criteria menus are explained more thoroughly below:
- 2+1 months: two previous months and the following month
- 2+2 weeks: two previous weeks and two following weeks
- Current year
- 10+2 months: 10 previous months and two following months
- Start and End: Free date definition either by filling values in the fields or by using the calendar icon. If the words Start and End change to a red colour when setting the dates, a financial year has not yet been created to the chosen time period.
- Select period: this button activates the time period set in the Start and End
- Search field: This field is used to search bank accounts by entering an account number (or a part of the number). The field also functions as a drop-down menu to choose accounts. Choosing multiple accounts is done by highlighting the accounts with holding down the left button of the mouse.
- Listing of accounts: The account or accounts to be included in the report can also be chosen from the listing of accounts below the Search field. A single account is activated by clicking it. Choosing multiple accounts is possible only when the accounts are in the same currency.
- Other transactions: this selection includes transactions, that are not business transactions, to the report.
- Business transactions: this selection includes business transactions to the report: business transactions are receipts that are in statuses Not sent, Sent, Paid, Approved, Partly paid, Marked paid or Invoiced.
Receipt type: This selection determines the receipt types to be included in the report. If there are no receipts of a specific receipt type in the environment, the receipt type in question is not listed in this menu. This search criteria menu applies only to the Future details section in the view. The available receipt types are:
- Sales orders
- Sales invoices
- Purchase orders
- Purchase invoices
- Travel invoices
- Tax returns for self-assessed taxes
Cash flow history and future
The topmost graph in the Cash flow report view depicts the development of the balance of the selected account and estimated development of its balance (deposits, withdrawals, future deposits and future withdrawals for the selected account) during the selected time interval. The Balance graph indicates the actual balance of the bank account. The Future Balance graph shows a forecast of the future balance of the bank account.
Round numbers / Don’t round numbers button is used to choose in which form the balance values at the left side of the view are shown.
To rows >> button changes the report to a row format.
Pdf button is used to export the report to a PDF file.
Excel icon (Send to Excel) button exports the report data to an Excel file.
The graph in the middle illustrates the actual cash flow and forecast divided into deposits and withdrawals. Green bars illustrate deposits, red bars correspondingly withdrawals. Lighter bars are forecasts of the future, the darker bars instead depict the actual transactions.
The lowest section of the Cash flow report view displays future withdrawals and deposits in tabulated format based on the receipts in Procountor.
To rows >> button changes the table to a row format.
Excel icon (Send to Excel) button exports the table data to an Excel file.