Sales reporting enables observation of sales on a general level as well as more accurately from the perspectives of products and customers.
Sales reporting is updated automatically at intervals of a couple hours. The latest update time is visible in the top-left section of the report.
Sales reporting is found in Reports > Sales reporting.
Common to all different search criteria menus is the eraser icon (Clear selections) in the top right corner. The eraser is used to clear selections in the menus. There is also a Clear selections button in the bottom of the view that is used to set all values back to default. The different characteristics of the different search criteria menus are explained more thoroughly below:
- Current period
- Last 6 months
- Current year
- Last 12 months
- Start and End: Free date definition either by filling values in the fields or by using the calendar icon. If the words Start and End change to a red colour when setting the dates, a financial year has not yet been created to the chosen time period.
- The data of the report is retrieved from sales invoices by invoice date.
- EUR: sales in EUR, without value added tax (the button’s name changes according to the currency)
- EUR + Vat: sales in EUR, including value added tax (the button’s name changes according to the currency)
- Quantity: the quantity of the sales invoices's products
- Business transactions: this selection includes business transactions to the report: business transactions are receipts that are in statuses Not sent, Sent, Paid, Approved, Partly paid, Marked paid or Invoiced.
- Other transactions: this selection includes transactions, that are not business transactions, to the report.
Product and Product group:
- Search field: This field is used to search products and product groups by entering a name (or a part of the name). The field also functions as a drop-down menu to choose a product or a product group. Choosing multiple products or product groups is done by highlighting the names with holding down the left button of the mouse.
- Listing of products and product groups: The products or product groups to be included in the report can also be chosen from the listing of products or product groups below the Search field. A single product or product group is activated by clicking it.
Customer and Customer group:
- Search field: This field is used to search customers and customer groups by entering a name (or a part of the name). The field also functions as a drop-down menu to choose a customer or a customer group. Choosing multiple customers or customer groups is done by highlighting the names with holding down the left button of the mouse.
- Listing of customers and customer groups: The customers or customer groups to be included in the report can also be chosen from the listing of customers or customer groups below the Search field. A single customer or customer group is activated by clicking it.
The topmost graph in the Sales reporting view displays the general development of sales according to the search criteria.
There are different modes of presentation available in the upper-right corner of the graph. The following presentation modes can be chosen from the buttons illustrating them:
- Cumulative sales
- Sales compared to previous year
- Cumulative sales compared to previous year
- Sales difference % to previous year
To details >> button changes the report to a row format.
Pdf button is used to export the report to a PDF file.
Excel icon (Send to Excel) button exports the report data to an Excel file.
Sales by products and customers
- The graph in the middle of the view is about the product perspective to sales. By clicking the By product group text, the graph changes to a form of product groups.
- The graph in the lowest section of the view is about the customer perspective to sales. By clicking the By customer group text, the graph changes to a form of customer groups.
- Excel icon (Send to Excel) button exports the report data to an Excel file.
To be noticed:
- Customer for who the invoice has been created must be allocated to customer register in order to show the value of the invoice behind the customer. Also, the product rows on the invoice must be allocated to product register in order to show the value of the invoice behind the product(s).
- If the products are not retrieved from the product register to the invoice, the values of the products on the invoice will show on the N/A section in the report and not behind the product(s) of the report. Writing the name or code of the product to the invoice row will not allocate the row to product register, so the product must be retrieved from the product register in order to allocate the row. Retrieving the product from product register adds the value of the product to the right place on sales reporting.
- The same as above goes with customers as well. If the customer on the invoice is not retrieved from customer register, customer of the invoice will not be allocated to customer register, and the value of the invoice will be showing on the N/A section of the report.