Default postings can be set to different receipt types and events. Accounting entries will then be made by the default postings for each event.
Default postings for receipt types are set in Management > Accounting info > Posting defaults > General account posting defaults.
The left side of General account posting defaults view consists of a posting section that can be edited. The right side of the view presents Procountor default postings for each receipt type. If any posting defaults have not been edited yet, the left section has the same accounts that are used with Procountor defaults.
Editing default postings is done in the following way:
- Activate the row to be edited by clicking it.
- Click either the Change bookkeeping account button above the row or just the account number on the row.
- Choose new bookkeeping account in the window that opens and click Continue. It is also possible to edit the account chart in this window by clicking the Edit chart of accounts
- Click the Save button in the top bar of the view to finish.
Postings that can be edited in the view
The default postings that can be edited are listed below:
- Sales invoice
- Purchase invoice
- Travel invoice
- Expense invoice
- Expense claim
- Currency differences for outgoing payments, gain
- Currency differences for outgoing payments, loss
- Profit/loss of financial year
- Cash discount for sales
- Cash discounts for purchases
From the receipt types that can be edited in this view, the default postings for Travel invoices and Expense claims can be edited also in a separate view (by choosing Management > Accounting info > Posting defaults > Default postings for travel/expense invoices.