Ledger entry tool can be used to create multiple accounting entries and journal receipts efficiently. Receipts and their entries can be entered manually to Ledger entry tool. Another option is to paste receipt and entry data from an Excel worksheet to Ledger entry tool.
There is also a more sophisticated version of Ledger entry tool available in Procountor, the Ledger entry tool (new). For example, the new version has deeper functionality with importing data to Procountor. Therefore, we recommend using primarily the Ledger entry tool (new). A more detailed look into creating receipts and entries is available in the guide article about the Ledger entry tool (new).
The older version of Ledger entry tool is found in Accounting > Ledger entry tool.
- This button saves the journal receipts.
- Receipts are set straight to Approved status.
Show VAT columns
- This selection determines if VAT columns are shown or not on the row.
Show dimension columns
- This selection determines if dimension columns are shown or not on the row.
- This button adds a new receipt row.
- This button adds a new transaction row to the active receipt row.
- This button deletes the active row.
- This button opens a separate window that is used to change the bookkeeping account of the active row.
- This button opens a new window that can be used to enter rows that are copied from, for example, an Excel worksheet.
- An advanced version of this function is also found under the same Paste transactions button in the Ledger entry tool (new). In the guide page of the previous link, there is a step by step guide about importing data to Procountor with this function. In order to create more comprehensive import data, we recommend using the Ledger entry tool (new) with pasting transactions.