Searching products to invoices is done in a separate view that is accessed by choosing, for example with sales invoices, New > Sales invoice > Create a new invoice > Get product (which is a button that is in Row information section of the Sales invoice view). Correspondingly, the same view is used also with, for example, purchase invoices.
The arrow next to Get product button opens a menu with selections: Get product and Search using a product code. When the latter is clicked, a separate window opens that can be used to enter a product code for a product to be included on the invoice. If the same product code is used with multiple products, this function can’t be used. Therefore, it is recommended to use the actual product search function that is described more thoroughly below.
Get product button opens Product register view that is used to choose the products to be included on the invoice. Choosing multiple products is done, for example, by holding down Ctrl button when clicking multiple product rows.
- Get products button updates the product list in accordance with given search criteria.
- New product button opens a separate window that can be used to quickly create a new product to the product register.
- Product field can be used to limit the products shown on the view by entering a name (or just a part of a name) of a product to the field.
- Product code field can be used to limit the products shown on the view by entering a product code (or just a part of a product code) to the field.
- Language drop-down menu is used to change the language of product names if the names in other languages have been added on the product card. When language is changed, units of products also change to the same language.
- Main group drop-down menu is used to choose a main product group to limit the search; only product groups belonging to the chosen main product group are left to the view.
- Product group drop-down menu is used to choose a product group to limit the search; only products belonging to the chosen product group are left to the view.
- Show inactive products selection includes also possible inactive products to the product list.
- Add to invoice button adds the chosen product rows to the invoice.
- Product card button leads to the product card of the active product row.