Business partner groups can be added in the business partner register to make the managing of large business partner registers easier. Business partner groups can still be added to main groups that compile multiple business partner groups.
This guide explains how business partner groups are created and how they can be utilized in Procountor. The main groups shown in the image below are more thoroughly explained in the article concerning main groups.
Business partner groups can be added and viewed in Registers > Business partner groups.
Creating a business partner group
Procountor does not have preset business partner groups. Instead, the user can create groups themselves as needed. Customers, suppliers, and persons can be added to business partner groups.
Business partner groups are created in the following way:
- Click the Add button underneath the search criteria in the Business partner groups page, and select either Customer, Supplier or Person.
- The program shows a notification “Group added”, and selected type of empty group row appears in the search results under the Add button. If groups have been created before, the added new group is added to the bottom of the list.
- Give the group the desired name in the Name column and save the information by clicking Save button.
Joining business partners to groups and separating from groups
Business partners can be added to business partner groups all at once in the Add/remove business partners from groups view that can be accessed through the Join/Separate button in the Business partner groups view:
- In the Add/remove business partners from groups view search criteria, select the type of business partners to be included from the Business partner type drop-down menu. If only a certain business partner is searched, their name can be typed in the Name field of the search criteria.
- After the search criteria have been determined, click the Search business partners button. All the business partners matching the search criteria are listed on the left side, and the matching business partner groups are listed on the right.
- Select the business partners to be added on the left side by clicking their names. Several business partners can be selected by holding down the Ctrl key while clicking the business partners. From the section on the right side, select all the business partner groups that the chosen business partners need to be added to.
- After the business partners and business partner groups have been selected, click on the Join button at the top of the page. This adds the selected business partners to the chosen business partner group or groups.
Removing business partners is done in the same view as the joining of business partners described in the previous section is done.
- In the Add/remove business partners view search criteria, select the type of business partner to be searched in the Business partner type drop-down menu. Then select from the Business partner group menu the business partner group from where these business partners need to be removed.
- After the search criteria have been selected, click Search business partners. The business partners belonging to the group in the search criteria will be listed in the bottom left of the screen. The business partner groups of the selected business partner type are listed on the right.
- Selected the business partners to be separated on the left-hand side section by clicking the names. Multiple business partners can be selected by holding down the Ctrl key while clicking the business partners. From the right-hand side section, select the business partner group from which the business partners need to be removed from.
- After the business partner and business partner group selections have been made, click on the Separate button at the top of the page to separate the business partners from the selected group. If the separated business partner group was also the business partner’s report group, the business partner will no longer have a reporting group after the separation.
Determining business partners in the business partner register
Determining business partners is also possible in the Business partner register in the Business partner’s basic info view.
In the Registry information section of this view is a field Groups that the partner is a part of for selecting which groups one wishes to add business partner to, or respectively remove the selection from those groups where the business partner needs to be removed from.
Several group can be selected by holding down the Ctrl key or by opening a separate window by clicking the magnifying glass icon.
Business partner report group
Report group means a group in which the business partner is allocated to on reports when business partner groups are used as a search criterion. These reports are listed under the following header. Even if a business partner can belong to several different business partner groups, a business partner can only belong to one report group.
When a business partner is added to a business partner group for the first time, this group becomes the report group shown in the business partner's basic info. If the business partner is added to several business partner groups, the report group can be changed in the business partner's basic info from the Report group drop-down menu.
Business partner report groups can also be determined in the Add/remove business partners from groups view with the Set report group button. Searching and selecting business partners and business partner groups is done in the same way as joining, except that only one business partner group can be selected when determining the report group.
When the Set report group button is clicked after making the selections, the selected business partner group will be set as the report group for the selected business partners. If the selected business partners have not previously been part of a business partner group that has been set as a report group, the business partners will be simultaneously added to the business partner group of the report group.
Utilizing business partner groups in the program
- Business partner group can be used as a search criterion in most register searches, for example in browsing the business partner register, and creating a new invoice, group invoice, and group letters.
- Business partners can be used as a search criterion for example in the Business partner report and CRM action report. In these reports, the business partner will be shown under each of the groups they have been added in.
- A business partner group set as a report group can be used as a search criterion in the following reports: