You can update the different information affecting the salary payment through Management > Salary info > Salary payment info.
The default Work hours per month is 158 hours. This default can be updated. This information affects the value in “The number of hours belonging to the base salary” in the salary info, when the selected base salary is 1 month.
The default work hours/week is 37.5 hours. This default can be updated. This information affects the value in “The number of hours belonging to the base salary” in the salary info, when the selected base salary is 2 weeks, one week or one day.
In the field Salaries paid during present year, you can enter the accumulated year-to-date salary sum, if the company starts the use of Procountor in the middle of a calendar year. The Salaries paid during present year field is updated automatically when you approve salary lists created in Procountor. The sum in this field affects the amount of the unemployment insurance fee of the company. You must reset the sum in this field, when the year changes.
The Employer’s and Employee’s Pension Act contribution % and Group life insurance charge % fields include the respective default values. These defaults can be updated. If you update the defaults, the latest entered value is shown in each field. These percentages are used in the calculation of salaries. The Employer’s and Employee’s Pension Act contribution % is the employer’s share of the total fee when the employee is under 53 years old. Procountor automatically calculates the higher employee’s contribution for employees over 53 years and reduces the employer’s contribution accordingly.
The Employer’s contribution according to the Employee’s Pension Act is saved in the salary payment information and the system defines the employee’s contribution. The total payment percentage is the sum of them.
Examples of the cases:
The employer’s contribution for a person under 53 years is 17.35%. The employee’s contribution is 5.15%. The sum of the two is 22.5%.
The employer’s contribution for a person over 53 years is 16%. The employee’s contribution is 6.5%. The sum of the two is 22.5%.
The Employees’ Pension Act contracts information is entered in a separate page.
The Accident insurance category of risk (%) field contains the occupation-specific risk category and the percentage applied in the accident insurance. The information saved here is retrieved by default to each new person’s salary info. The default value of this field is empty and the percentage is the average accident insurance percentage used in salaries. If you change the percentage, you have to save the correct value in the accident insurance percentage. If the company has several risk categories and percentages in use, it is advisable to enter here the most frequently used, and change it in the person’s salary info where needed.
In the Unemployment insurance payment (%) field you can enter the company’s unemployment insurance payment percentage. The information is used in calculation of the employer’s unemployment insurance payment sum. If the field is empty, the system uses the annually verified employer’s unemployment insurance payment percentage, which is also affected by the sum of salaries paid during the current year.