Travel calculator is used to automatically calculate the amount of domestic daily allowances from the traveling time. Other travel expenses can also be entered to the travel calculator. It should be noted that the travel calculator can be used only with domestic travel invoices – foreign travel invoices can be created with Procountor Mini instead.
Travel calculator is opened by clicking the Travel calculator button in the Travel invoice view. Travel invoice view is accessed through creating a travel invoice, in New > Travel or expense invoice.
Travel calculator can be set to open automatically every time a new travel invoice is created. This is done with Travel calculator use selection in Usage settings.
Adding the trip to Travel calculator
1. Click the Travel calculator button.
2. After clicking the Travel calculator button, Insert travel information to the window.
Date and time for departure and return
- Text entered to Destination and Travel purpose fields becomes visible to the travel invoice as row information that gives additional information about the travel.
Destination and Travel purpose
- These information will be shown in the row information of the invoice if the fields are filled.
Pay meal allowance?
- If selection is activated, the selection above it, Trip not eligible for daily allowance, becomes also automatically activated.
Does the trip include a free meal?
- If selection is activated, the amount of daily allowances on the invoice is reduced by half.
Kilometer allowances and parking fees
- If these expenses are included, they will be visible as their own rows on the invoice.
Charge expenses from customer?
- Activating selection adds a note with text “Charge travel invoices from customer” to the Notes field of the invoice.
3. When all information is given, it is time to click Continue button.
- The given information will be visible as separate rows in the Travel invoice view. Comment row shows the departure and return date of the trip.
Adding multiple trips with the travel calculator
It is possible to add multiple travel information to the same invoice by using the travel calculator. However the trips should be inserted separately to the invoice.
1. Add the first trip by using the instruction above.
2. Add a a new row to the Travel information section by clicking Add specification button.
3. Click again from the Travel calculator button and insert the second trip.