Multiple invoices can be paid on the Receipt search view (Search > Receipt search) by clicking Payment button, and then choosing the Payment of multiple invoices function from the drop-down menu. When using the Payment of multiple invoices function, the payment method must be a bank transfer. Any other payment methods cannot be used.
There are four steps in the process of paying multiple invoices. The steps are listed below, and each step is discussed further later on this article.
- Select the invoices you want to pay on the Payment of multiple invoices view.
- Make the invoice specific adjustments on due dates and messages.
- Define the payment info concerning all the selected invoices.
- Pay the invoices with Pay button or mark the invoices to Paid elsewhere status with Mark as paid elsewhere button.
Selecting the invoices
The Payment of multiple invoices view can be opened from Receipt search view by clicking Payment button and then by choosing the Payment of multiple invoices function from the opening drop-down menu. All the invoices in the receipt search results are brought on the payment of multiple invoices view
The invoices that cannot be paid with the function are colored yellow or red depending on the reason they cannot be paid. The reason is showing on the Error column. Yellow color is marking that information on the invoice is inadequate, as for red is marking that the status of the invoice prevents paying.
The invoice cannot be paid with the Payment of multiple invoices function if:
- The whole invoice or a part of it is already paid.
- The payment of the invoice is frozen.
- The invoice is a credit invoice, i.e. the sum of the invoice is negative.
- The payment method of the invoice is foreign payment or express payment.
- The information on the invoice is inadequate.
The Select button can be used when selecting the invoices to be paid or to be marked as paid elsewhere. The button opens a drop-down menu with different filtering options. As a default, none of the options is in use.
- Select all: The option selects all the invoices, that can be paid or marked as paid elsewhere.
- Select valid for payment: The option selects all the invoices, that can be paid with Payment of multiple invoices function.
- Select accepted: The option selects all the invoices, that are in Approved status.
- Clear: The option removes all the selections made.
It is also possible to select the invoices one by one, by clicking the boxes at the left side of each invoice row. If the invoice is selected even if it should not be, the selection can be removed by clicking the box again.
Invoice specific adjustments
It is possible to make invoice specific adjustments to the invoices listed on Payment of multiple invoices view. The possible adjustments can be made to invoices’ due dates and messages. The adjustments can be made to the columns on the invoices’ rows. The due dates can be edited on the Due date columns and the messages on the Message column.
Other information is not possible to edit on the view. If further adjustments are necessary, they must be done on each invoice’s Invoice view before paying the invoice.
Above the list of invoices, there are buttons Invoice info and Invoice. By clicking these buttons, it is possible to observe single invoice’s Information. The invoice, which will be observed, must be first selected by clicking the row of the invoice.
- Invoice info button opens a window containing information about actions on the invoice and the approvers and verifiers of the invoice.
- Invoice button opens the invoice’s Invoice Clicking the right side of the Invoice button opens a drop-down menu, where other views of the invoice (Accounting, Dimensions, Preview and Attachments) can be chosen.
Defining the payment info concerning all the selected invoices
The payment info concerning all the selected invoices can be defined on the Payment info section of the Payment of multiple invoices view.
- Payment method is automatically set to bank transfer and it cannot be changed, since bank transfer is always used as a payment method, when paying multiple invoices.
- From account field defines the bank account where the payment will be paid. All the accounts, where the payments are possible to make (defined on Bank account information view) are shown in the drop-down menu, and the balance of the account is shown after the account number.
- Use pay date option is chosen, if the same pay date is wanted to use for all selected invoices.
- If the option is chosen, the date can be defined on the right side of the option. The default date is the present day, but it can be changed.
- If the option is not chosen, every invoice will be sent specifically according the date defined to it. The defaults are the due dates of the invoices.
- Total payment field shows the total sum of the invoices to be paid.
Paying and Paid elsewhere marking
- Pay button can be clicked, when all the invoices wanted to be paid are selected, pay dates are set and the account is defined. When clicking the button, Procountor will ask to confirm the payment. After clicking Pay button, the invoices’ status will change to Payment queued.
- Invoices will be transferred to bank according to their pay date.
- Further information about payment schedules can be found here.
- With Mark as paid elsewhere button, the selected invoices can be changed to Paid elsewhere status, fi, for example, the invoices are paid with cash or if their status have not changed to Paid based on the bank statement.
- Before clicking Mark as paid elsewhere button the actual pay dates must be set to the invoices.