Sales orders, i.e., Order confirmations can be created in Procountor on New sales invoice view (New > Sales invoice) or in business partner register (Registers > Business partners). This article covers the instructions for creating a new sales order on New sales order view.
Creating a sales order
1. Go to the New sales invoice view by choosing New > Sales invoice.
2. Choose Sales order as a receipt type.
3. If wanted, you can retrieve the customer information from the customer register by clicking Search customer button. Also, the products can be retrieved from product register by clicking Get products button. Customer and products can also be retrieved on the next stage of creating the sales order.
- Products and customers can be search from the registers with different kind of search criteria.
- A customer/product can be selected by clicking the name of the customer/product on the search results.
- It is recommended to retrieve the customer on New sales invoice view, since then the info will be allocated to a customer in the business partner register. Thus, there is no need for manual allocation.
4. Click Create a new invoice button.
5. Enter the needed information to customer, billing, delivery, invoicing, payment and additional information fields. Also, enter the row information.
6. Save the sales order by clicking Save button.
- After saving, the order is in Unfinished status, so it can still be edited.
- After saving, the invoice number appears to the upper part of the invoice, and the labels of creating and editing appear to the lower part of the view.
7. The sales order can be approved with Approve button.
8. Later the sales order can be changed to a sales invoice by clicking Change to invoice button.
The buttons and fields of the view
- The buttons and fields of the Sales order view are almost identical with the buttons and fields of the Sales invoice view.
- The article covering information of sales invoice’s fields and buttons can be found here.
- There are some differences between Sales order and Sales invoice views. The differences can be found below:
- On the upper part buttons, there is Change to invoice button only on Sales order view.
- On the Additional information section, there is a Delivery instructions field only on Sales order view.
- On the Additional information section, there is a Delivery week field only on Sales order view.
- On the Additional information section, there is Offer “Is this an offer?” option only on Sales order view.