This pages contains frequent questions in the customer service and answers to them.
Lost user name or password
1. I have lost my user ID or password, what shall I do?
- If your personal password has been lost for some reason, send an email to email@example.com to make a notification containing your first name and last name or user ID, and the email address where we can send the passwords to.
- If your password list has been lost, you can request the next one-time password by SMS. We recommend that you save your contact details under Personal information and settings. Use the international prefix when saving your phone number (+358 50 xxx xxxx). Under the Login button on Procountor’s login page, you can find the Problem with login? link, which will request you to enter your user ID, personal password and mobile number corresponding to that saved under Personal information and settings.
- The user will not require a single-use password list for his or her first login. The list will be created during the user’s first session. The user will receive a Welcome message, and the list of single-use passwords will open on screen after the user has read and closed the message. The user can save a new password list to own computer in HTML or PDF format, after this list can be printed.
- Password or password list is lost
2. How can I implement payment transfers and what is the Banking code?
- You must save your bank and account number before delivering the banking connection authorisation to your bank. First enter your company’s account information into Management > Company information > Bank account information: After that submit the bank connection authorisation to your bank.
- Start-up guide for the main user
- The banking code is indicated in the agreement signed with your bank and is usually your company’s business ID in 9-digit form, including the zeros at the beginning but without the check digit hyphen. The zeroes at the beginning of the business ID are not omitted from the banking code unless the ID is more than 9 digits long. The maximum banking code length is 10 digits.
- Bank connection authorisations
- Filling in the bank connection authorisation
3. Have my payments been sent to the bank already?
- A receipt in status Payment queued is waiting for the next payment batch run (domestic payment batch runs at 5 am, 1 pm and 4 pm). Receipts in status Payment sent to bank have already been sent to the bank, and then if you want to cancel the payment you have to contact the bank. When that is done, you can delete the payment entry from the system in the Payment view by the Delete payment button.
- Cancellation of payment
- Payment schedules
4. Why have the payments not been sent?
- Banks can reject payments for reasons such as an incorrect bank account number or insufficient balance. In such cases, the payment will not be executed and the status of the invoice will remain Payment queued. In Payment transactions > Bank statements and reference payments, check if the payment is shown in the bank statement.
- The payment date is the date on which the payment data is transferred to the bank. If the invoice’s payment date is in the future, the invoice will remain in the Payment queued status until 5 a.m. on the payment date, when the payment data will be transferred to the bank. If the invoice’s payment date is the current date, the payment transaction will be transferred to the bank at either 1.00 or 4.00 p.m., depending on when the invoice was queued for payment. If the payment was queued after the 16 p.m. transfer batch run, the payment transaction is transferred to the bank in the early hours of the following day. If the payment date is far ahead in the future, the system will notify you of this, but you can still queue the invoice for payment if you wish. If the payment date is in the past, the payment transaction is transferred to the bank in the next transfer batch run. Express payments and Salaries will be transferred to the bank on the debiting date of the payer’s account.
- Cancellation of payment
- Payment schedules
- Cancellation of debiting
Bank statements and reference payments
5. Why am I not seeing bank statements in the program?
- If bank statements have not been received, the reason may be that an agreement on bank statements with the bank has not been made or the agreement specifies weekly or monthly bank statements. The reason may also be that no transactions exist, because we do not import empty statements (without transactions) to the system. We recommend contacting the bank. You can also test it by paying an invoice through the system.
- We import the previous banking day’s bank statements in the morning of each workday.
- Bank statements and reference payments
6. Why have reference payments not been allocated to sales invoices?
- If the payment has not been allocated to the invoice, the reason can be that the bank reference number has not been used by the payer or the reference number has been wrong. You can correct this in the Reference payments view by entering the reference number in the Correct reference field (the 10th column) and clicking the Approve button. When the payment has been allocated to the correct sales invoice, the invoice status becomes Paid, and the allocation can no longer be changed.
- If the payment has arrived with the correct reference but has still not been allocated to the invoice, the probable reason is that the invoice status has been Unfinished. An invoice like this is not yet a business transaction and an open invoice. Reference payments are allocated to open invoices only.
- Allocation of reference payments
Browser and Java settings
7. Why are my invoices not open in the display?
- If you have problems opening Excel, zip or PDF files in Internet Explorer, check and correct the download and save settings from the allowed sites.
- Internet Explorer
- Browsers and Java
8. Why can’t log in, but I get a message “Inactive plug-in” or another message like that?
- If you use a Mac, the reason can be that the latest Apple Java update has turned the applets off and you have to enable them manually. You can do this by clicking the small arrow next to the text “Inactive plug-in” to open a window where you then click the “Enable” button. When you have done this, it is recommended that you restart the browser.
9. When I try to log in, I only get a grey screen after entering my passwords. What can I do?
- A very probable reason for this is that some information has been left in the browser/Java cache, which causes this problem. In this case, you should clear both the browser’s and Java’s cache.
- Clearing Java cache
Invoices and errors in invoices
10. How do I return an approved purchase invoice to an Unfinished status?
- If you need to edit or invalidate a purchase invoice after approval, you can return it from status Approved to status Unfinished when you go to the Receipt search, select action Verification to show the Verification view and click Exception > Restore the previous. If the Restore the previous option is not active, the receipt belongs to a closed fiscal year or tracking period. In that case, you must open the fiscal year or tracking period first in section Management > Accounting info > Fiscal years.
- Receipt statuses
11. I sent a sales invoice by mistake and noticed after sending that it contained errors. What should I do?
- There is no way to cancel sending if the invoice status is Sent. The Sales invoice view contains the button Edit, which has the drop-down menu option Create credit invoice, or you can use the Go to button and select the option Special situations and in that view click the Create credit invoice button, that opens the Credit invoice function. The Create credit invoice button can also be found in the drop-down menu of the Edit button.
- Credit invoice to a sales invoice
- When creating a credit invoice to a purchase invoice, you create a purchase invoice with a minus sign (credit invoice) for the sum to be credited by copying the original invoice. After this, mark the credit invoice to status Paid elsewhere on the date the payment arrived in the bank account.
- Credit invoice to a purchase invoice
12. The customer notifies that the bar code on the invoice cannot be recognised. What should I do?
Procountor creates the bar code using version 2 or 4, depending on whether the bank account number is in IBAN format or not. When the bank account number is in IBAN format, the reference number is created according to version 4. If the customer notifies that the bar code on the invoice cannot be recognised, you should check if the customer’s software can process bar codes created according to version 4.
13. Why can’t a person in the Personnel role create his or her own travel and expense invoices?
- If the main user has not added the person in the Personnel role to the Person register, he/she cannot create a travel or an expense invoice. The main user should check that this person has been entered in the register and the person’s proper social security number has been used.
- If a person in the Personnel role tries to create an invoice in the New travel or expense invoice section without having entered his/her social security number in section Personal info and settings, an error message is displayed asking the person to add the social security number in the Personal info and settings. The problem is solved when the person’s social security number is entered.
- However, if the system keeps on displaying the error message, you should contact the main user. The main user should investigate that the new person was added with the same social security number as the one that the person entered in the Personal info and settings section.
14. For a new employee, the tax was defined in the Employee info section as Tax card A. Why is the tax withholding percentage in the salary slip not the same as that in the tax card when using tax card type A?
- When alternative A, i.e. tax withholding based on the annual income limit, has been selected in the employee’s tax card, tax card type A is to be selected in Procountor. When using tax card type A, the system divides the annual income limit according to the salary period.
- For example, if the salary period is month, the annual income limit is divided by 12. If the income subject to tax withholding in the salary slip exceeds the monthly limit, e.g. 8,500.00/12, the system calculates the exceeding part according to the additional percentage.
- Tax cards
- Salary types
15. How do I enter a revised tax card (B) for the rest of the year, when no annual income limit exists in the tax card?
- The calculation formula of tax card B uses the Annual income limit in section Salaries/Employee info/Show salary info. When a person with a tax card B receives a revised tax card, tick the box Revised tax card and enter the date in the Tax card date field. When this information is inserted, the system calculates the income limit to start from the date of the revised tax card.
- For example, the employee has received a revised tax card, where the income limit is €10,000.00 for the period 1.11. - 31.12.2011. Thus, the system does not consider salaries paid before 1.11. in the income limit (Tax card date, Revised tax card option selected and calculation method B).
- Tax cards
16. The income statement and balance sheet do not balance, what shall I do?
- It is advisable to start by identifying which month the imbalance starts. A good report for this can be found in Reports > Reconciliation tools > Accounting accounts inspection report. The report gives you a quick look at the income statement and balance sheet balances and the possible difference.
- When the month in unbalance is found, we recommend that you check if it is due to the VAT. You can find this out e.g. in the VAT summary by the Get modified receipts button.
- If the sums have been changed, it means that changes in the VAT entries have been made after creating the VAT summary, which causes the difference. This can be corrected by creating a new VAT summary for that month, which considers the changes.
- VAT summary
- Balancing instructions