When you have logged in to Procountor, you arrive at the homepage, which you can edit according to your needs by selecting the information to be shown on the homepage.
Overview of the upper panel
Procountor's upper panel contains the software menu for navigating to the different functions, either by entering part of the name of the function in the Search field or clicking on the software menu. The software menu only shows the functions that the user has the right to access.
- The P button on the left side of the upper panel takes you back to the homepage.
- The Management button (Cog icon) on the right side of the upper panel takes you to to browse Company, Accounting and Salary info views. By clicking on the Management button you are able to set up a new environment or edit user privileges.
- The software opens in a new window by clicking on the Open in a new window button (windows icon) next to the Management button.
- The Character button on the right-hand side of the upper panel takes you to Customise your front page, to your Personal information and settings, Theme settings and to log out. If your session expires, you can find further information here.
- By choosing the Customize front page option opens a window where you can select the widgets you want to see on the homepage. The Customize front page button changes the status of the homepage so that you can edit the size of the widgets using the arrow buttons or move them by dragging. Save, Cancel, Defaults and Add buttons appear at the top of the homepage. The widgets that can be added to the homepage are listed under the Add button. When you have made the changes, click on Save.
• The company menu allows the user to switch to another company within the limits of user's privileges. Switch to another Procountor environment by selecting the company from the dropdown menu in the new window. The company in use is shown in the upper panel of the homepage.
• The Question mark button on the left-hand side of the screen opens, among other things, the manual, view specific instructions and the Contact button. Via the Contact button you are able to fill in a contact form to be sent to Procountor customer service, sales or invoicing for example.
Widgets on the homepage
The Announcements widget shows the accounting office’s announcements, company-specific announcements saved by the user, and topical Procountor news to all users. Announcements of special importance are highlighted in red.
The widget shows an information row for each announcement, with the title, date, creator and status showing whether the announcement has been read. You can open the announcement either by double-clicking on the row, or by selecting the row with the mouse and clicking on the Open button.
The Pen button (Cog icon in the new version) opens a new view, where you can add, edit and cancel your own, company-specific announcements. The Add button of the view opens a new window where you can enter the announcement information, i.e. language, validity period and title. You can also select whether to hide or highlight the announcement. The widget enables light formatting of the text, i.e. bold text type by ‘ ‘ ‘ (without spaces) at the beginning and end of the passage or italics by ‘ ‘ (without spaces) at the beginning and end of the passage. You can also add a link to the announcement, which is recognized by the http text inside the [ ] characters. If a row starts with the * character, it is treated as a list item and a bullet is added in front of it.
You can preview the announcement before saving using the Preview button below the Message text field.
Create a new sales invoice
The Create new sales invoice widget adds a convenient form for creating a new sales invoice to the homepage. This function is useful for users who create a large number of invoices. When you have selected or entered the basic invoice information, select Create new invoice to move to the Sales invoice view.
The Quick links widget displays the number of receipts with each status.
The user can access the quick links by clicking on the Pen icon (Cog button in the new version).
In the Personal note widget, the user can enter their user- and company-specific personal notes. You can enter the text directly in the Note field and save it by clicking on the Floppy disk icon. In the new version, the note is saved automatically.
Invoices waiting for verification
In the Invoices waiting for verification widget, the user can see the purchase, travel and expense invoices that wait for his/her own verification. The invoices displayed in the widget depend on the user’s privileges. The user can move directly from this view to the invoice verification or verification of multiple invoices views.
Read more on the Invoices waiting for verification widget.
Cash and ledger tracking
The Cash and ledger tracking widget allows the user to view the bank account balances, due and overdue sales, purchases and other receipts to pay (salaries, travel and expense invoices and periodic tax returns).
The widget does not show the Overdue purchases and Due purchases section, if the user’s search rights have been restricted to Waiting for own verification and approval in the Users and privileges section.
In the widget, the Search invoices button takes the user to the Search open invoices function in Receipt search, to view, for example, due purchase invoices. The widget includes the same information as the Search open invoices, i.e. open invoices excluding orders and invoices with the status unfinished.
In order to display the widget, the user must have at least viewing rights to the following:
- New sales invoice
- Sales invoice search
- New purchase invoice
- Search invoices
- Bank statements and reference payments
The Result tracking widget allows the user to view the income statement comparison (the latest closed month, previous respective period, budget and cumulative profit). In the widget, the user can use the Open income statement search button to access Reports > Accounting reports and Income statement search.
- If the company’s oldest fiscal year contains closed tracking periods, the Result tracking widget retrieves the information up to the newest closed tracking period.
- If the company’s oldest fiscal year does not contain closed tracking periods, the information is retrieved from the period of the latest periodic VAT tax return.
- If the notification of the previous month has already been created, the information is retrieved from the month before that.
- If the company does not use tracking periods, and if the information cannot be retrieved from the periodic tax return, the end date is the last day of the second last month before the current month.
Financial management status tracking
The Financial management status widget shows actions regarding status information of financial administration, e.g. when the latest bank statement arrived, when the latest salary list was created, when the periodic tax return was sent, etc.
The Management operations widget tracks the latest customer management(CRM) actions on the homepage. The functionality is important to companies that use the customer management functionality actively.
Most recent salary lists
The Most recent salary lists widget shows information on the most recent salary lists, e.g. status and creator. The Show salary list button allows you to view the salary list and the salary slips in the list in detail.
Revenue and profit development
The Revenue and profit development widget shows a bar graph that displays revenue, profit, revenue (previous year) and profit (previous year) in different colors.
The cog icon in the widget opens the Graph settings, where you can set the Graph type either as Period figures or Cumulative figures and select the Graph comparison figures by checking the Budget and/or Previous year boxes.
Sales development - business transactions
The Sales development - business transactions widget shows a graph that displays the development of sales invoices during the last 12 months. The information shown in this widget is the same that is shown in Sales reporting.
Open sales invoices
The Open sales invoices widget displays the open sales invoices that are treated as business transactions, i.e. their status is Not sent, Partly paid or Approved. You can drill down to the Invoice view of the sales invoice from the widget.
Unpaid purchase invoices
The Unpaid purchase invoices widget displays the unpaid purchase invoices with the status Unfinished, Received, Partly paid, Approved and Verified. You can drill down to the Payment, Verification and Invoice views of the purchase invoice.