In section Management > Users and privileges what kind of user rights a user has and what can the see in a certain Procountor environment. In this view new users can be added and users can be deleted. A user who has All rights to Company user management can make changes in this view.
Changing users privileges
Show user right changes
By pushing Show user rights in the users and privileges view the user right modifications can be seen. Choose the user whom user rights you want to analyse and push Show user rights button. The time of the modification, the modifiers name and the old user sights can be seen on the view. The information can be printed to PDF, Excel and HTML format.
Copying user rights to one or more users
You can also copy a user’s rights to other user(s).
1. Select the user whose rights you wish to copy by checking the box in front of the name in the User rights section.
2. Click on the Copy rights button to copy the user’s rights.
3. Then select the user(s) to whom you wish to copy the rights by checking the box in front of the name in the User rights section.
4. When you click on the Paste rights button, the program will request your confirmation. Check the changes you are about to make and copy the rights by clicking on the Copy button.
Printing user information
You can print out the User rights by clicking on Export in the User rights section and selecting either Export Excelor Export HTML in the drop-down menu.
Procountor includes the following preset roles for defining user rights:
- Main user
- Management / Auditor
- Payment transactions
- Payroll accountant
When a role has been assigned to a user, the preset rights appear to the user right view. The related user rights can be edited as desired (with the exception of the Personnel role).
If you want to customize your own set of user rights to the user, user's role changes into Customised role. This role will automatically modify the users rights as No rights and after this the users rights should be modifies to grant the user some visibility in Procountor.
Only the functions to which a user has privileges are visible to him or her in the main menu.
You should only give full user management rights to the main user and his or her substitute.
By default, only the main user has rights to pay invoices.
General information about the Employee role
Employee users only have rights to create travel and expense invoices for themselves, search for their own travel and expense invoices in the system, and view their own salary information. The Employee role cannot be modified. Before a Employee user can create travel and expense invoices, that user’s social security number must be saved in complete form into the user’s personal information and the company’s Business partner register, in which the user is registered as a Person.
If the user sees an error message when trying to prepare a travel or expense invoice, check that the user’s social security number is entered in Personal information and settings and the users username is attached to the person in Person register. If the user is still unable create travel or expense invoices, this means that the personal information is missing from the person register. Please contact your company’s main user if you need to supplement your information in the person register.
Default user role privileges
|Main user||Sale||Purchases||Payroll accountant||Payment transactions||Entrepreneur||Accountant||Management/ Auditor||Employee||Student|
|Basic company info||All||Viewing||Viewing||Viewing||Viewing||All||All||Viewing||No||All|
|Basic accounting info||All||All||All||All||All||Viewing||All||Viewing||No||All|
|Edit personal info||All||All||All||All||All||All||All||All||All||All|
|Company user management||All||Viewing||Viewing||Viewing||Viewing||Viewing||Viewing||Viewing||No||No|
|Set up a company||All||Viewing||Viewing||Viewing||Viewing||Viewing||Viewing||Viewing||No||No|
|New sales invoice/Group invoice||All||All||Viewing||Viewing||Viewing||All||All||Viewing||No||All|
|Sales invoice search||All||All||Viewing||Viewing||Viewing||All||All||Viewing||No||All|
|New purchase invoice||All||Viewing||All||Viewing||Viewing||All||All||Viewing||No||All|
|New travel and expense invoice||All||All||All||All||All||All||All||Viewing||All||All|
|New journal receipt||All||All||All||All||Viewing||All||All||Viewing||No||All|
|Payroll accounting (all salary functions)||All||No||No||All||No||Viewing||No||Viewing||Viewing||All|
|Bank statements and reference payments||All||No||No||No||All||Viewing||All||Viewing||No||All|
|Mark paid elsewhere||All||No||No||No||All||Viewing||All||Viewing||No||All|
|Direct bank transfer *)||All||No||No||No||No||No||Viewing||No||No||Viewing|
|Closing of accounts tools||All||All||All||All||All||All||All||Viewing||No||All|
User right limitations
The purpose of User right limitations is to make the specification of privileges more flexible. These options are disabled by default, but they can be enabled to provide users with privileges that are more extended than those of the Personnel role, but more limited than full privileges.
For example, you can grant user privileges to create and edit his or her own travel and expense invoices by selecting the option Only personal travel and expense invoices and by granting the user full privileges to the New travel and expense invoice and Search invoices sections.
- When the Personal sales invoices only option is enabled, the user will only be able to search for sales invoices created by the user. The user must have privileges to New sales invoice and Search sales invoices in order to create invoices in the first place. When this option is enabled, the Summary on the Welcome page will indicate the number of invoices created by the user, followed by the total number of invoices in the system.
- When the Personal purchase invoices only option is enabled, the user will only be able to search for purchase invoices created by the user. The user must have privileges to New purchase invoice and Search invoices in order to create invoices in the first place. When this option is enabled, the Summary on the Welcome page will indicate the number of invoices created by the user, followed by the total number of invoices in the system.
- When the Personal travel and expense invoices only option is enabled, the user will only be able create these invoices for him- or herself. These invoices can only be created if there is a person with the user’s social security number registered in the person register. The user must have privileges to New travel and expense invoice and Search sales invoices in order to create invoices in the first place.The user will only be able to search for travel and expense invoices that are created by him or her or by other users for him or her. Users do not need privileges to the person register to be able to process their own travel and expense invoices. This function corresponds to the travel and expense invoice functions available for the Employee role. When this option is enabled, the Summary on the Welcome page will indicate the number of invoices created by the user, followed by the total number of invoices in the system.
- When the Personal journal receipts only option is enabled, the user will only be able to search for journal receipts created by the user. The user must have privileges to New journal receipt and Search invoices in order to create journal receipts in the first place.
- When the Personal salaries only option is enabled, the user will only be able to view his or her own salary information, i.e. view a graphic report of the user’s salaries and retrieve and view individual sent or paid salary slips. These invoices can only be created if there is a person with the user’s social security number registered in the person register. The user must have Viewing rights to Payrolla accounting in order to view own salaries.This function corresponds to the salary privileges of the Employee role.
- When the Only allow accounting viewing option is enabled, the user cannot edit accounting pages. Accounting pages will still open and be visible according to the user’s invoice/receipt type-specific privileges, regardless of whether or not this option is enabled. Users can specify dimension information even if this option is enabled.
- When the Rights only to accounting option is enabled, the user will be able to edit the accounting pages of receipts but not the invoice pages, nor will he or she be able to create new invoices. The user can view the invoice pages and edit the information in the Special situations view if he or she has rights to do so in other respects.
- When the Search for personal approvals only option is enabled, the user may only use the Search invoices to approve function in Receipt search to search for purchase invoices and travel and expense invoices for which the user is specified as the verifier or approver. When this option is enabled, the Summary on the Welcome page will indicate the number of invoices to verify and approve, followed by the total number of invoices in the system. There can also be three figures in the Summary: My invoices, My invoices to verify and All invoices.
Special situations in user rights
- A Procountor environment must have at least one user with full user management rights (Company user management: All rights). It should be agreed within the company on who is the primary person in charge of user management. It should be made sure that the required users have sufficient privileges to pay invoices, etc. during the main user’s holidays or other absences. There should always be someone available to edit privileges as well.
- In special situations please contact Procountor's customer service.
- In a special situation we can modify user rights in the customer service only if the person who has right to sign for the company sends us an authorization.
- Adding a new user to environment or modifying user rights are always administrative duties that are subject to a charge (150€+VAT per starting hour).
Guide for filling out the authorization form
Because of information security reasons, we can modify user rights in the customer service only if the person who has right to sign for the company sends us an authorization. A form of the authorization can be found below.
By default, the authorization form states that the new user is added to the environment with the user role Main user. If the user role should be something else, another user role can be stated in the authorization form. More information about the rights of different user roles can be found here.
Fill out the authorization form carefully and accurately. Remember also to sign the document. In the end, scan the finished authorization or take a picture of it and send it to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the authorization form here (Word file).