Welcome to use Procountor! This page includes step by step instructions on starting the use of Procountor. This guide is for users who have wide user rights to Procountor (for example main user role).
When taking Procountor into use, the company’s Procountor environment will first be in Trial usage if Procountor agreement hasn’t been made yet, but will be transferred to Production usage once the agreement has been signed. More information on signing the agreement can be found here.
Procountor login consists of three steps and the following credentials are needed for login:
- one-time password or Finago Key app (this is not needed in the first login)
In the first login, only username and password are needed. The list of one-time passwords is generated when logging in for the first time and the list can be changed to Finago Key mobile app, which means the next login will be verified using the mobile app instead of one-time passwords.
Personal information and settings
Once you’ve logged in to Procountor, you can fill in your personal information and for example change your password or the list of one-time passwords in Personal information and settings, that can be accessed through the Basic menu on the upper right corner of Procountor.
When logging into Procountor for the first time as main user, a Guided setup checklist will be displayed.
By clicking on the items on the list, you can directly access the Procountor view the item is concerning. Each checklist item also contains a direct link to the relevant page in Procountor manual.
Once you have filled in the required information concerning a checklist item, a checkmark in front of the item name will indicate that required measures concerning that item have been completed. The progress or your environment settings bar at the top of the guided setup window will be filled as you go through the checklist.
Clicking on the upper right corner of guided setup window moves the checklist to the top of the page to keep it out of the way when filling in information on the views.
By clicking on Open as a list on the upper left corner of the page, you'll get the guided setup shown in its own window at the right side of the page, like it was originally shown.
You can close the guided setup by clicking on the Skip guided setup button in the upper right corner of the page. If you want to re-open the guided setup, you can do so by opening the Basics menu on the upper right corner of Procountor and choosing option Open guided setup.
Steps for starting the use of Procountor
The guided setup consists of the following steps. From the links of the list below, you can find more detailed instrucions concerning each step.
- Filling in company’s basic info: Fill in company's basic info such as company ID, address and contact information.
- Enabling bank connections: To enable the automatic payment transactions, fill in the bank connection authorisation form for each bank account.
- Adding bank accounts: Add company's bank accounts. Choose the same service options for the accounts which you filled into the bank connection authorisation forms.
- Usage settings: Go through the usage settings according to company's preferences. Set up approval circulation settings when you have added users to the environment in the "Setting up users and privileges - step".
- Adding financial years: Set company's financial year and create tracking periods for the ongoing financial year. Save the previous financial year in order to be able to compare data.
- Filling in tax information: Fill in the company's tax return period, MyTax reference number, payment bank account and Katso credentials so you can send notifications to tax authorities.
- Setting VAT defaults: Go through company's VAT percentages and VAT statuses.
- Salaries basic info: Fill in Employee's pension and Occupational accident insurance details and Incomes register info if applicable. Read more about the process of starting salary calculation in Procountor here.
- Salary periods: In the Salary periods view you can add the company's salary periods that are used to create salary slips
- Setting up users and privileges: Add company's users and manage user rights. If payroll is in use, fill person's bank account information into Person register. After setting up users, you can return to Usage settings to set up approval circulation settings.
- Creating customer register: Customer information is saved into the customer register when customer's first sales invoice is created. In addition to this you are able to add customer information manually or transfer it in CSV format by using the Import data function.
- Creating product register for sales: Create product register manually or transfer product data in CSV format by using the Import data function.
- Additional settings
- Creating supplier announcement: To receive electronic invoices from suppliers, notify them about your e-invoice and scanning provider addresses. You can get a prefilled supplier announcement draft from Create a supplier announcement - button, which you can send to your suppliers.
- Adding company logo to the invoice template: Add company logo to your invoice template. The logo will also be displayed on salary slips and orders.
- Chart of accounts: Go through the chart of accounts and add subaccounts if needed.
- Default postings: Every receipt (incl. travel and expense invoice, salary, bank statement) is directed to the set account according to the default postings.
- Dimensions and items: Create cost centres and/or tracking objects. Define also items for the dimensions.
- First steps to start your accounting: Save balances of previous and current financial year. Import sales and purchase ledgers of current year either manually or through Paste transactions function.
Additional steps for taking Procountor into use
- Einvoice and scanning addresses:
- If bank-operated einvoice addresses are connected to Procountor, save the addresses to Management > Company info > Einvoice and scanning addresses.
- If the company is taking OpusCapita-operated einvoice addresses and/or scanning addresses into use, the addresses will be added to Procountor by Accountor Finago once they’ve been activated for the company.
- Creating Person and Supplier registers:
- If salaries and/or travel and expense invoices will be created in Procountor, employee information needs to be saved into person register. More information on setting up employee information can be found here.
- Suppliers can be set to be created into supplier register automatically when receiving or creating each supplier’s first invoice, but supplier information can also be added to the register manually beforehand, by, for example, using Import data function.