Procountor can be used with all graphical browsers with Java support enabled, regardless of the operating system.
The new Procountor functions without Java with the exception of graphic reports.
Please note that the Chrome browser does not support Procountor’s graphic reports.
In Procountor you can print out reports in HTML, PDF and Excel formats and receipts in HTML and PDF formats. These printouts always open in a new browser or application window. Therefore, pop-up windows must be allowed from the site procountor.com.
Note! If you have problems opening Excel, zip or PDF files on your computer, please check and correct the settings for loading files and saving encrypted pages here.
For more information about Internet Explorer settings, see the related instructions page.
For more information about Firefox settings, see the related instructions page.
When Opera prevents a pop-up window from opening, a notification will be displayed in the bottom right corner of the browser.
You can open the pop-up window by clicking on the notification.
In the browser settings under Tools > Preferences > General > Pop-ups , you can choose how pop-up windows are opened. The settings defined here apply to pop-up windows on all websites.
In Mac OS X, Java is part of the operating system. More information about Java in the Mac OS X environment can be found at http://developer.apple.com/java/
Instructions for installing Java in the Linux environment can be found at http://www.java.com/en/download/help/5000010500.xml/
For Windows, you can follow these instructions:
1. Check if Java is installed. This can be done by checking the Internet Explorer menu: Tools (the cog icon) > Internet options > Advanced. Scroll down and seek the heading “Java (Sun)”. There should be a check mark in “Use JRE version.number for <applet> (requires restart)”.
You can also check Java installation at www.java.com or at www.javatester.org.
2. If Java is not installed, you can download from www.java.com or the Sun Microsystems website. The latest Java version is always available at Java.com. Java can also be downloaded from http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp. If you need an older version, it can be downloaded from http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/previous.jsp.
When downloading from the Sun Microsystems website, choose the JRE version.
3. When downloading from Java.com, click the Free Java Download button.
4. The button opens the page displayed below. On this page, click the Install button.
5. The installer is launched and the installation is accepted by clicking the Accept button.
The Java console receives information about potential errors related to graphic reports. The information received by the console can be copied and e-mailed to Procountor’s customer service for investigation.
When a coffee cup icon is displayed in the bottom right corner of the screen, right-click it. In the menu that opens, click the Properties > Advanced tab and under Java console, select Show console.
If you are using Windows XP or Vista, the coffee cup icon is not necessarily displayed. In this case, you should check if there is a small arrow in the bottom right corner: by clicking it, you can display more icons in the bottom corner.
If you cannot find the coffee cup icon there either and you are using Java 1.6.0_nn or 1.5, adjust the following setting to display the console next time the browser is opened: Control panel > Java > Advanced > Miscellaneous > Place Java icon in system tray.
Clearing the Java cache
Instructions for clearing the Java cache can be found at https://www.java.com/en/download/help/plugin_cache.xml