Data security is a crucial part of the Procountor's development and service provision. Data security includes the external and internal security of servers, verification of data in the service, the testing and monitoring of hardware and software, the confidentiality obligation of personnel, user identification and the encryption of data communications related to the software.
Server data security
- The Procountor production environment operates on dedicated servers to which only authorized persons have access. The maintenance of our production servers is the responsibility of Valtti Kumppanit Oy (former DataCenter Finland Oy). Valtti Kumppanit Oy is a leading Finnish data center and IT service provider with solid experience of the demanding insurance, bank and telecommunications businesses. Valtti Kumppanit Oy provides a secure and uninterrupted environment for service production by Procountor.
- The data center containing Procountor’s servers complies with the Finnish Communications Regulatory Authority’s 48B/2004M requirements for critical hardware rooms, and is thus appropriate for critical business systems requiring a high level of data security and usability. The data center service includes a high-quality power supply with backup power, cabling, ventilation, a fire protection system and physically secure facilities.
- Procountor’s production and development environments are both equipped with fire and burglary alarm systems. The premises are also equipped with recording surveillance cameras. Only authorized persons have access to the data center and development environment, which have separate access control systems.
- User rights to databases and information systems are secured through company, group and employee-specifically defined access rights. Only the use of tested and approved software is permitted in database processing, and the use of third-party management software is forbidden. Use of database traffic interfaces from external networks has been prevented.
Uninterrupted operation, safeguards and control
- Particular attention has been paid to uninterrupted operation and fault tolerance in Procountor’s server environment. Fault-tolerant, reduplicated components are used in server hardware, and the disk systems in particular have been built to eliminate disruptions caused by physical disk errors. High usability of data communications services has been ensured through a reduplicated firewall and internet connections routed through the backbone networks of two operators.
- Backup copies of all Procountor databases and files are made daily in a separate fire area, and changing data is constantly replicated onto a backup server, which minimizes the disruptions caused to service provision by hardware failure etc. The server room and service-provision space are monitored around the clock so that any problems can be identified and addressed as quickly as possible.
Testing and monitoring
- The operation of firewall and other technology is tested on a regular basis. Attempts to gain unauthorized access to the data network and its services are monitored actively.
- Procountor and its updates are tested in a separate testing environment before their actual launch. In addition to hardware and systems, the log files related to the program are monitored and analysed on a regular basis, as are error situations caused by users.
- We actively obtain information through several channels on risks to the information system. On the basis of such information, we are able to prepare for any problems and eliminate them before they arise.
Professional competence and obligation to secrecy among personnel
- Procountor personnel involved in service production receive training in the areas specified according to their duties.
- All personnel working with confidential customer information have signed non-disclosure agreements.
User identification and rights
- Users of Procountor software are authenticated using personal usernames, passwords, and single-use passwords for individual sessions. User rights can be flexibly defined by user and function. Data transfer between Procountor servers and users’ computers is encrypted using HTTPS technology.
- Users must not disclose their personal usernames, passwords or single-use passwords to others. Procountor never asks users to disclose their passwords, single-use passwords or other confidential information by e-mail or other means. Issues related to the use of Procountor are communicated through main users and news items are displayed upon login.
About the program view
- About the program view can be accessed through the Basics menu in the upper right corner of the page. On the view, you can check the current version of Procountor and the latest update time. Your operating system and browser information is also shown here.
- In some situations, the customer service is interested in the browser in use by the customer. The information can be found in section Info about the customer’s browser on the About the program view. You can click the area and copy the text to your email.