Procountor Mini is Procountor's mobile application designed to facilitate an entrepreneur's financial management on the road and increase its efficiency. The ease and simplicity of using Mini are at the forefront, so in the future all tasks requiring an entrepreneur user’s attention, for example, creating travel and expense invoices, verifying invoices and viewing salary slips, are available through a smartphone or tablet. Mini also calculates the travelling distances based on the places added to the travel invoice, and it is easy to add images, for example, of the receipts, as attachments to travel and expense invoices.
Set-up of Mini and logging in
- Mini works on iOS and Android mobile devices. The app can be downloaded and used free of charge. The app works in English, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian and Danish, depending on the language settings in the user’s mobile device.
- User can log into Mini using his/her existing Procountor ID and personal password. Upon login, the company where Mini will be deployed must be selected. Mini can be used in only one Procountor environment at a time. If the application is to be used in several companies, you must log out of the application and select the company every time upon login. Travel and expense invoices must be finished before logging out, in order to prevent losing the information of unfinished invoices.
- In Mini version 7.0.0 the unfinished receipts can be saved when the user logs out or the app is not working.
- In earlier versions of Mini it must be acknowledged that the information of unfinished receipts will be lost every time the user logs out before finishing the receipts. Also, if the app is removed from the mobile device and then reloaded, the info of unfinished receipts will be lost.
Front page of Mini
- The name of the Procountor environment and the latest events of the environment are showing on the front page of Procountor Mini. Also, unfinished travel and expense invoices are showing on the front page of Mini.
Buttons of the front page
Plus (+) button
- By clicking on the button, a new travel or expense invoice can be created or unfinished one can be edited.
- Clicking on the button opens the front page.
- User’s own tasks and notifications can be found by clicking on the clock button.
- From personal information there are user and environment specific information, the time of last log in, Procountor product version and Mini version.
- Clicking the button opens Mini’s archive, where old travel and expense invoices and salary slips have been archived.
- In the Mini’s archive, old travel and expense invoices and salariy slips can be viewed on their own tabs.
- The purpose of the travel in showing from the part of travel invoice. If the field is left empty, the product on the invoice is showing.
- The first product on the expense invoice is showing from the part of expense invoice.
The statuses of the receipts in the archive
- X mark = Invalidated / Rejected payment
- Arrow = Unfinished / Received
- Check mark = Verified / Approved
- Envelope = Sent
- Blue bills = Paid / Partly paid / Sent to bank / Payment queued
- Salary slips can be viewed on their own tab in the archive.
- In order to make the salary slips show in Mini, the selected salary channel must be mobile salary.
- Mobile salary is an alternative channel for mail and email.
- The salary channel can be agreed, for example, with the accountant doing the salary calculations. Mobile salary cannot be used in Procountor Ledger product version.
- Further information about sending salary slips.
- Received salary slip can be opened as a PDF file by clicking on the salary slip in the app.
- When a new salary slip arrives, Procountor Mini will give a notification about it in the Notifications section.
Verification and approval of invoices in Mini
- Purchase, travel and expense invoices can be verified and approved in Mini. Notifications concerning invoices pending verification and approval are always sent to Mini, and they follow the approval circulation defined in Usage settings (Management > Company info > Usage settings).
- A notification of an invoice is displayed in Mini for verification/approval to the person whose turn it is in the approval circulation. Invalidated and approved invoices are also displayed in Mini if a notification concerning them has been sent in the program to the verifier or approver before the invoice was invalidated or approved. However, in this case, the notification is displayed as already processed in the application, and the invoice cannot be processed in the application anymore. The application displays the invoice row data and the invoice attachment file behind the Attachments button. The invoice cannot be edited in the application.
- If you wish to enter a comment upon verification/approval or forward the invoice to another verifier or approver, this must be done in Procountor.
- Actions taken in the application add an entry Verified From API to the invoice transaction data.
- Dimensions can be set invoices while verifying and approving on the Dimensions tab.
- It must be acknowledged that new items cannot be added to dimensions in Mini.
Creating a travel and expense invoice
- In order to be able to create a travel and expense invoice in the Mini application, user must have the privileges to create travel invoices. In addition to this, the information of the person making the travel/expense invoice must be filled in the person register.
- As for travel invoices, the Procountor Mini application follows the Finnish Tax Administration’s decision on tax-exempt allowances for travel expenses.
- Mini has a GPS positioning feature so it can automatically retrieve the current location for the travel invoice. It should be noticed that the GPS does not continuously calculate the distance, but marks the place where it was switched on.
- With the automatic kilometer function, Google APIs can be used to calculate the kilometers for automatic kilometer allowances.
Creating a new travel invoice
1. Creating a new travel and/or expense invoice can be started by clicking on the + button on the front page of Mini.
2. Select the New travel invoice button.
3. Enter the Departure place of the journey. In Mini, you can also enter invoice data without an online connection to make it easier to fill out the travel invoice information. Please note that the travel invoice will only be sent to Procountor once you return online. The listing of places during the travel is retrieved directly via the Google API.
4. Enter the start time of the journey in the Departure time field. Also add the time zone which you were in at the beginning of the journey.
5. If you want to apply for the daily allowance, activate the Claim daily allowance option.
6. With the + button, you can add the next entry in the travel invoice timeline. At the top of the timeline view, you can see the current sum of the travel invoice in the accounting currency. You can add expenses, places, kilometers and meal allowances to the travel invoice. Instructions for adding the previously mentioned entries to the travel invoice will be listed further in this article.
7. Add all necessary entries.
8. Mark the trip ended by clicking the + button and selecting the Travel end button.
- If you do not click the Travel end button in the travel invoice, Mini uses the last set location entry as the journey end location.
- The time of journey’s end has effects on the calculation of daily allowance.
- At the top of the travel invoice timeline view, you can see the sum of the travel invoice in the accounting currency of your Procountor environment.
9. With the Finish button at the top right corner of the timeline view, you can end recording the data for the journey and go to the last phase of the travel invoice. Check the journey data in this finalization view.
10. Enter an explanation of the trip in the Purpose of travel field. Completing the field is mandatory.
11. Activate the Charge expenses from customer option, if necessary. If the option is activated, the following text is added to the travel invoice notes in Procountor: Charge travel invoice from customer as well as the travel invoice departure and return time data.
12. If you activate the Send as unfinished option, the travel invoice is submitted to Procountor in the Unfinished state when you click the Send button in Mini. After this, the travel invoice can still be edited in Procountor.
13. If you do not activate the Send as unfinished option but directly click the Send button, the travel invoice is submitted to the first approver in accordance with the approval circulation. If there is no approval circulation, the invoice is marked in the Received status.
14. A notification is displayed in the Mini homepage that sending the invoice succeeded. After this, you can begin creating a new travel invoice.
After the Send button has been clicked, the invoice can no longer be edited in the Mini application.
Adding an expense to the travel invoice
1. Travel invoice products come directly from Procountor. To add an expense, click the + symbol and select the Expense button.
2. Add the expense Product type.
3. Add the expense Price and Currency. You can record the sum in the currency used in the purchase. Mini converts it into the accounting currency of your environment.
4. Add the Date of purchase. The purchase date is needed for the currency conversion. The expense is converted into the accounting currency at the exchange rate for the date of purchase or the previous day.
5. Select the VAT rate of the expense in the VAT field.
6. If necessary, add a Comment.
7. Add attachment/attachments. You can take a photo of the attachment with your phone when making the travel invoice with the Take photo button and attach it to the invoice or search for an image from the phone’s image files by clicking the Photo library button.
8. You can delete a created expense entry with the trashcan icon. It is not necessary to separately save the expense. The entry is saved automatically in Mini while you are making it. You can exit the expense view by clicking the Done button or clicking the X button at the top right corner.
Adding a place to the travel invoice
1. You can add a new place by first clicking the + button and selecting then the Place button.
2. Select the Location where you have arrived. Please note that your phone should be online to be able to add a location from the location list. The listing of location data is retrieved directly via the Google API.
3. Select the Time of arrival and Time zone.
4. You can delete a created location entry with the trashcan icon. It is not necessary to separately save the entry. The entry is saved automatically in Mini while you are making it. You can exit the location view by clicking the Done button or clicking the X button at the top right corner.
Adding kilometers to the travel invoice
1. You can add a kilometer expense by first clicking the + button and selecting then the Kilometers button.
2. Add the departure location to the Drive from field and destination to the Drive to field.
3. Add the Time of arrival.
4. Check that the Time zone is correct in the expense entry.
5. Add the kilometers driven.
6. Select the right type in the Allowance type field.
7. Once you have entered the kilometer expense, a new location entry, the one you entered as the destination in the kilometer expense, appears automatically in the travel invoice.
Please note that you cannot add additional people to a kilometer expense entry you made directly. If additional people have been riding with you, make a new kilometer allowance entry with Kilometer allowance, additional person as the expense type. Remember to delete the automatically created arrival location entry from the kilometer allowance entry. Otherwise, the arrival location is duplicated in the expense invoice.
8. You can delete a created kilometer entry with the trash can icon. It is not necessary to separately save the entry. The entry is saved automatically in Mini while you are making it. You can exit the kilometer view by clicking the Done button or clicking the X button at the top right corner.
Meal compensations in a travel invoice
- You can enter the meals during the journey by clicking the + button and selecting the Free meals button.
- From the meals, select the quantities corresponding to your own journey.
- The maximum number of meals corresponds to the Finnish Tax Administration’s guidance.
- You can add meals to the travel invoice only when the Claim daily allowance option is activated in the Travel start section (i button in the left side).
Creating a new expense invoice
1. Creating a new travel and/or expense invoice can be started by clicking on the + button on the front page of Mini. After clicking on the + button, select the New travel invoice button.
2. Add the attachment.
- You can take the picture of the attachment (Take photo button) or search it from the files of your mobile device (Attach file button).
- The attachment can also be a PDF file.
- If you want to add an attachment, which is, for example, a long receipt, you can take several pictures of it, and then attach the pictures to the expense invoice.
- Trash can button deletes the attachment.
- If there is no attachment to add or you want to add it in Procountor, choose the option No attachment.
3. Fill out the Product type, Date of purchase, Price and VAT. The product type options come straight from Procountor.
4. Define the currency.
- You can define the exchange rate by clicking on the Exchange rate field, which appears when the selected currency is some other than Euro.
5. If you want, you can add a comment to the Comment fied.
6. It is possible to add several expenses to one invoice.
7. With the Finish button at the top right corner of the timeline view, you can end adding entries to the invoice.
8. You can review the invoice on the sum-up view. If you activate the Send as unfinished option, the travel invoice is submitted to Procountor in the Unfinished state when you click the Send button in Mini. After this, the travel invoice can still be edited in Procountor.
9. If you do not activate the Send as unfinished option but directly click the Send button, the travel invoice is submitted to the first approver in accordance with the approval circulation. If there is no approval circulation, the invoice is marked in the Received status.
10. A notification is displayed in the Mini homepage that sending the invoice succeeded.
11. After this, you can begin creating a new travel invoice.
Invoice specific discussion
- On the Invoice verification view, there is a discussion function. Users processing the invoice can take part to the invoice specific discussion in Mini and in Procountor.
- It is possible to observe invoice information in the discussion: When the invoice has been saved, verified or approved, and by who.
- The users with the privileges to see the invoice can also see the discussion.
- Please note that Mini only shows the measures taken in Mini, but Procountor shows the measures taken in Mini and Procountor. All messages show in both Procountor ans Mini, regardless from which one the message was sent.
- The discussion can be opened from the paper plane icon on the top right corner of the Verification view. Red dot on the icon is a sign of a new message.
- The time and sender of the message are visible in every message. A new message can be written to the text field and sent by clicking on the Send
- The messages are saved for the time being and they cannot be deleted.
- Further information about invoice specific discussion function in Procountor can be found here.