Business Eurocard Online connection is an additional service that enables transferring the company’s Business Eurocard transactions and Diners Club travel account transactions to Procountor electronically. This article contains information on retrieving and handling the transactions.
Business Eurocard Online connection is a chargeable additional service and its pricing details can be found here. If a company is interested in taking Eurocard connection into use, they can contact Procountor customer service (email@example.com) for further instructions on the implementation.
The automatic data retrieval and easy handling of transactions expedite transaction processing and improve reliability. Card and travel account transactions retrieved through the connection include information that can be used to allocate them to the correct cost center, which enables more precise automatic posting of transactions.
The connection can be taken into use for transferring either only corporate card transactions, or for both corporate card and travel account transactions. In Procountor, both transaction types are handled on a travel invoice.
The delay in transferring transactions, i.e. how soon after the purchase the transaction can be seen in Procountor, can vary depending on the place of purchase. New transactions are retrieved into Procountor daily, as they become available. Nevertheless, transactions are retrieved to Procountor well before the Eurocard invoice related to them.
Transaction retrieval and handling
Eurocard transactions are allocated to person register based on the personal number and travel account transactions are allocated based on the HR number.
When implementing the Eurocard connection, required details must be saved in Procountor’s person register in order for the transactions to get allocated to the right persons. The personal number is saved to Person register’s Customer No. field, found on the Basic info view.
Required user rights for searching the transactions
Transactions retrieved to Procountor can be searched either directly through Eurocard transactions view found in Search > Eurocard transactions, or when creating a travel invoice.
- To be able to search transactions through Eurocard transactions view, the user needs to have rights to all travel and expense invoices (not just their own).
- When searching transactions through a travel invoice, it’s enough to have user rights corresponding to the Employee role.
Searching transactions through Eurocard transactions view
- All users’ Eurocard transaction can be searched in Search > Eurocard transactions.
- By default, search results include all retrieved transactions that have not yet been added to a travel invoice, nor set as hidden (for example, in a case of invalid transaction details).
- Search criteria can be modified to suit different kinds of situations.
- Transactions that haven’t been allocated to any person in the person register, for example, because of an invalid personal number, can be recognized by their Name field highlighted in red color.
Searching transactions in connection with creating an invoice
- The user can search for their own Eurocard transactions when creating a travel invoice for themselves by clicking on Add Eurocard transaction button found on Invoice view’s Row information section.
- The button opens up a list of card and travel account transactions allocated to the person, that correspond to the travel dates set for the invoice (if set) and that have not yet been added to an invoice, nor set as hidden.
- The user adds transactions to the travel invoice by selecting transactions from the list and clicking on Add to invoice.
- When Eurocard transactions are added to the invoice, invoice rows corresponding to the selected transactions are generated to the invoice, along with additional Eurocard advance rows, that will set the Eurocard transactions' payable amount to zero. This way Eurocard transactions added to an invoice will not affect the payable sum.
- Other expenses (that will actually be paid to the person), such as kilometer allowances and daily allowanes can be added to the same invoice normally.
Accounting and reconciliation
Card and travel account transactions retrieved in Procountor are allocated to travel and expense invoices’ product register automatically, based on the type code included in the transaction details. This enables the flexible definition of posting defaults, using travel and expense invoice default accounts.
VAT percents are automatically generated for the transactions, based on the type code and other details, which further facilitates accounting. The company’s accountant still needs to check, for example when approving or paying the invoices, that allocations to product register and postings generated based on them are correct.
Customer company using the Eurocard connection receives a normal credit card invoice, either by mail or electronically, as agreed with the credit card company. However, reconciliation of these invoices becomes more simple when using the online connection, as it enables balancing credit card invoices with travel invoices’ Eurocard advance rows. It’s recommended to set the same default account for Eurocard advance product and for the supplier corresponding to the credit card company, to enable using the account in reconciliation.
Implementing the connection
- Send a written, informal subscription either to Procountor’s customer service (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the company’s own contact person is sales.
- Procountor’s customer service activates the service at Procountor’s end.
- After contacting Procountor, contact Eurocard’s corporate service (email@example.com or 09-69 399 415) and ask them to activate the transfer of Eurocard transactions and/or Diners Club travel account transactions to Procountor (note that Procountor transaction transfers do not require eView service).
- Also provide Eurocard with the personal numbers of each card holder (the same ones that are saved in Procountor's person register's Customer No. field) so that transactions received from Eurocard to Procountor can be automatically allocated to correct employees.
- Eurocard will activate the transfer of transactions based on the details provided, and notify Procountor’s customer service, who will then activate the retrieval of transactions at Procountor’s end.
- In order for the retrieval of transactions to be successful, the company’s business ID needs to be saved to Procountor, in Management > Company info > Basic info.