The financial statement document can be created on Procountor’s default template on the Financial statement template section of the Closing of accounts tools view. The template can be modified to suit the company’s needs, and it can be saved to Procountor to ease financial statement creation in the future.
Closing of accounts tools view can be accessed by choosing Accounting > Closing of accounts tools.
- The financial statement template is a Word document, which provides flexibility when editing the content and the layout of the document.
- The template can be edited with word processors, such as MS Word, OpenOffice or Libre Office.
- Further information of editing Word documents can be found from Microsoft Office’s support page.
- The financial statement template is possible to customize, and, for example, accounting offices can then utilize it for different customers.
- Customizing the template is useful, since once the template is customized, it can be utilized in the upcoming years.
Buttons of the Financial statement template view
- Button opens Procountor’s default financial statement template in a Word document form.
- Button enables uploading the modified template (Procountor’s default template that has been downloaded to user’s computer and edited to suit the company’s needs) from user’s own computer to be the default template for the Procountor environment.
- It must be acknowledged, that the name of the template to be uploaded cannot include characters å, ä and/or ö.
Restore default template
- Button restores Procountor’s default template and replaces the modified template.
Creating the financial statement template
Below, there is a list of measures to make in order to edit the Procountor’s default template to suit the company’s needs, upload the modified template to Procountor to be used as a financial statement template, make the financial year specific edits, and finally take the signed document to Archived financial statements view.
If the Procountor’s default template suits the company’s needs and there is no need to make company-specific chances to the template, one can proceed straight the step 5 of the instructions below.
1. Start modifying the financial statement template by saving the template to your computer by clicking on the Download template button.
- The template is possible to get either in Finnish or in English. The language depends on the company’s language, which is defined on the Basic info view (Management > Company info > Basic info).
- The info is automatically retrieved from Procountor to the financial statement template between the << >> characters. These parts must not be edited. If the parts are edited or deleted, Procountor will not automatically retrieve the info between the characters.
2. Make the company-specific adjustments to the template.
- Upcoming financial statements should be considered when making the adjustments to the template, i.e., make only adjustments that are valid for upcoming years as well.
- For example, missing info can be added, spare info can be deleted, and the layout can be edited. Any figures must not be added between << >>, if Procountor is wanted to automatically retrieve the figures.
3. Save the financial statement template to your computer.
- Acknowledge that there must not be figures ä, ö or å in the name of the document.
- Acknowledge that the document format must be .doc or .odt in order to upload it to Procountor. For example, the form .docx is not supported.
4. Click Upload template button in order to upload the modified template to Procountor from your computer.
5. When all financial statement items are ready to be retrieved to the financial statement document, click on the Printable financial statement button.
6. The financial statement will be automatically formed to a Word document and Procountor will automatically retrieve information between << >> characters.
7. Save the word document to your computer.
8. Make financial year-specific adjustments to the document (for example, add annual report) and insert the sums manually to the marked fields.
9. Finished, signed, financial statement document can be uploaded to archived financial statements by clicking on the Export from file to archive button.
- Acknowledge that the document to be archived must be in PDF form.