In this view, you can create a financial statement document by using the financial statement template. The system provides a default financial statement template, which can be edited for the company each year.
Financial statement template
The financial statement template is a Word document template, which enables easy editing of the contents and layout.
More information on editing a Word document template can be found on the Microsoft Office support website.
The appearance of the financial statement template can be customized, and an accounting office can use a template they create as a basis for the financial statements of various customer companies.
The Download template button opens Procountor's default financial statement template in Word.
The Upload template button saves a customized document saved on your computer, which can be used as the financial statement template for your environment. Please note that financial statement template's filename cannot contain å, ä and/or ö characters.
The Restore default template button restores Procountor's default financial statement template. This replaces the company’s own saved template.
Default financial statement template
Editing the financial statements begins with saving the financial statement template on one's computer with the Download financial statements template button. When the financial statement template is edited for the first time, detailed changes are made to the template. In subsequent fiscal years, only changes specific to the fiscal year in question will be made.
You should not enter any figures in the template or delete the >> characters. A default template is saved in each environment in Procountor. If the company has no changes to be made in the template, the template does not need to be downloaded to the computer. Instead, the Printable financial statement function can be used directly.
The financial statement template is a Word document template. You can edit the template in word processing software (MS Word, OpenOffice or LibreOffice). You can add missing information, edit the layout, or delete unnecessary information.
You can view the Procountor financial statement template using this link: Tilinpäätöspohja.pdf
When editing the template you must consider that the system transfers information automatically to locations marked with the <<>> characters. Do not edit these locations, because if the characters are removed, information is not transferred automatically.
Adding attachments to one's own default template
In 2016, the accounting act amendment defined the attachment. The item Additional attachments has been added to Procountor's default financial statements. If you want to add it to your own template, you can do it by copying the following information to the desired location. In the default template, the Attachments item comes after Shareholding in other companies.
Saving the financial statement template
After you have customized and saved the financial statement template on your own computer, upload it as the company's template using the Upload template button. The button opens the window where you click on the Browse button to find the updated template on your own computer. Use the Attach button to save the updated template in the company’s environment in Procountor.
Note! Financial statement template's filename cannot contain å, ä and/or ö characters.
Note! The file to be saved must be in .doc or .odt format to enable saving, i.e. the .docx format is not supported.
Restoring the default template
If you want to go back to using Procountor's default financial statement template, click on Restore default template.
Summary of creating the financial statement template
- Open Procountor's default financial statement template with the Download template button. Save it on your own computer.
- Edit the financial statement template on your computer for future financial statements. Edit the template only with the data that is repeated throughout fiscal years. For example, you can add missing information, edit the layout, or delete unnecessary information. You should not enter any figures in the template or delete the >> characters.
- Save the edited financial statement template in Procountor with the Upload template button. This template will be used as the financial statement template in future fiscal years.
- Save the income statement, balance sheet and attachments.
- Use the Printable financial statements button to open the financial statements. Procountor has automatically imported data from the program into the sections indicated by the << >> characters (such as the income statement and balance sheet). Finalize the financial statements by making the changes applicable to the current fiscal year in the Enter amount fields, then print and sign the financial statements.
- Scan the signed financial statements and export it to the archive using theExport from file to archive button. Please note that the financial statements can only be saved to the archive in PDF format.
- The following year, you can directly save the income statement and balance sheet as well as attachments, if needed, and print out the printable financial statements, because the system will use the default template you edited previously.