On the Bank statement allocation view, open invoices (Sales, Purchase, travel and expense and self-assessed taxes) and bank statement transactions can be browsed to look for invoices that have not been automatically allocated the status of Paid. Invoices and transactions can be allocated and existing allocations can be removed.
Bank statement allocation view can be accessed from Search > Receipt search > Search receipts from a wanted range > More options > Bank statement allocation.
Reference payments cannot be allocated in Bank statement allocation view.
- If a sales invoice has not been allocated to the right invoice, the reference payment can be reallocated with the correct reference number method.
Searching for transactions
In the Bank statement allocation view the upper part of the search results will list all the invoices that were searched in the receipt search and the lower part of the view will list the bank statement transactions. The visible bank statement transactions can be sorted from the upper part search criteria section.
- Select the time frame, bank account and withdrawals/deposits.
- Click Search button in order to see the searched transactions in the lower part of the view.
Clicking on the Delete row button will remove the selected invoice from the list. This function will not invalidate any invoices or permanently delete them.
Allocating transactions and invoices
Bank statement allocation is done as following:
- Select an invoice from the upper part of the view that will be allocated to the bank statement transaction.
- Select the the related bank statement transaction from the lower part of the view.
- Click on Allocate.
Clicking on the Allocate button will allocate the selected invoice and bank statement transaction to each other and set the invoice status as Marked paid. Meanwhile the bank statement transaction will be marked with an "OK" in the Allocated-column, which is seen in the bank statement view. The "OK" informs that the transaction has been allocated to a receipt/invoice in Procountor.
Bank statement focusing signs open invoices off the ledger but does not make any accounting entries.
Invoice paid without a bank reference code
If an invoice is paid without a reference the bank statement transaction should be allocated as instructed above. These things should be taken into consideration when the allocation is done:
- Since bank statement focusing does not make any accounting entries, the entries on the bank statement's accounting page should be adjusted when using bank statement allocation on sales invoices paid without a bank reference.
- After allocation move from the Bank statement allocation view to bank statement transactions accounting page by clocking Accounting button.
- When a payment is entered on the bank statement, it is posted by default to account 1990 Payments in transit and balancing difference. Since the payment has no bank reference code, no reversing entry will exist in the reference payment specifications. The default posting of 1990 on the bank statement’s accounting page will therefore be changed to 1700 Accounts receivable. This will then set off the sales invoice entry in accounts receivable.
Other allocation situations
You can also allocate received payments to purchase invoices through Bank statement focusing in situations in which the sum credited for the purchase invoice will be returned.
The accounting page of the bank statement needs to be adjusted when using a currency account in bank statement allocations. You can go to the bank statements accounting view by clicking Accounting.
An existing allocation between a bank statement transaction and a invoice can be removed (OK sign):
- Select the bank statement transaction row.
- Click Remove allocation from bank statement event.
Couple of things should be noticed when allocations are removed:
- Removing the allocation will not remove the payment event from the invoice. The payment transaction needs to be removed manually from sales invoice Special situations view (Open sales invoice > Go to > Special situations > Click Remove payment transaction).
- Removing the allocation will remove the "OK" sign in the bank statement. After removing the allocation, the bank statement transaction can be allocated to another invoice.
Viewing invoice and transaction information
Clicking on the invoice row (business partner's name) will open the details of the selected invoice (not available for VAT payments and employer’s contributions).
Clicking on the Payment button will open the invoices’ Payment view (not available for sales invoices). Through this function, you can also mark non-sales invoices as paid or verify payment transactions allocated to the invoice. Change the payment date and paid sum in the Payment view, if necessary. Mark the invoice as paid by clicking on the Mark as paid elsewhere button.
Sales invoices can be assigned to the status of Marked paid by going to the Invoice view (by clicking the invoice row) and choosing Go to > Special situations. Enter the payment date and select the Payment method (e.g. bank statement) on the page that opens. Change the paid sum, if necessary, and enter a Transaction description.
Clicking on the Accounting button will open the accounting page of the selected invoice or bank statement. After clicking on the button, the program will ask which accounting page you would like to view.
Clicking on the To reference payments button will open the Bank statements and reference payments page, on which you can view the reference payments.
Clicking on the Bank statement button will open the Bank statements and reference payments page, on which you can view the bank statements.