The Procountor software suite supports SEPA payments. Domestic, express and foreign payments can be made as SEPA payments through Procountor.
You can implement SEPA payments in Procountor by following these steps:
1. Read these instructions
2. Check your bank’s agreement policy from the table below
3. Switch SEPA payments on in the view Management > Company information > Bank account information
4. Begin creating SEPA -payments by selecting the Bank transfer payment method in the Payment view. We recommend that you begin by trying SEPA payments out with a few invoices. In this way, your company can be sure that your banking agreements have been successfully updated.
Updating agreements for previously linked bank accounts
To implement SEPA payments, you need to update your banking agreements, since the data format used to make payments will change.Procountor has charted the agreements offered by banks and has agreed on the updating of such agreements with as many banks as possible.The banks updated their agreements in the autumn and winter of 2010.Most banks performed the update automatically, i.e. customers did not have to sign new agreements.
The new agreements were drafted on the basis of existing ones.If you would like to make changes to your payment services, please contact your bank.The documentation administrators of the existing agreements were transferred to the new ones.
The banks’ agreement situation
Linking new accounts
Use banking authorisation forms updated in line with the SEPA standard to link new accounts to Procountor.You can find bank-specific authorisation forms in the manual under Banking authorisations.
SEPA payment methods
- Credit transfer is a bank transfer conducted in euros within the SEPA zone (the EU + some other countries), which uses IBAN account numbers and BIC codes.In a SEPA credit transfer, the payment data is delivered to the bank using the new C2B XML data format.SEPA credit transfers will replace traditional LMP payments.
- Express payments are like credit transfers, but are debited more quickly.SEPA express payments are available for domestic payments.The services and prices offered by banks vary.
- Foreign payment is a payment made with SEPA C2B XML data that does not fulfil the definition of SEPA credit transfers.Foreign payments are used when the payment currency is not the euro and/or the payment is made to an account outside the SEPA zone.
Functions related to payment
Due to the addition of SEPA payments, Procountor’s Payment view was updated and the separate Foreign payment and Express payment buttons were removed.
Payments in the program
In the Payment view, select the payment method and bank account used for the payment.The available payment methods depend on your company’s bank account settings.The additional information required for payments varies according to the chosen payment method.
Setting the payment methods used for bank accounts
The services available for each bank account are specified in Procountor’s Management > Company information > Bank account information view.Before selecting any payment service options, you must confirm that the corresponding services have been activated by your bank.You can check the situation with regard to SEPA payments from the table above.You can always obtain up-to-date information on banking agreements from your bank.
Note! You cannot pay express payments from OP-Pohjola accounts through Procountor, or select Express payment as a payment method for such accounts in the Bank account information view under Management.
Use of IBAN account numbers
In order to facilitate the migration to SEPA, various functions have been implemented in Procountor for making the program’s use easier in situations where some account numbers have been provided in the old domestic BBAN format and some in the new IBAN format.
Since domestic account numbers are automatically converted from the traditional BBAN format into the IBAN format by Procountor, you can also enter account numbers in BBAN formats when making SEPA payments.
When editing multiple business partners, you can efficiently update the accounts saved in the Business partner register from the BBAN to the IBAN format.You can make this function available in the Registers/Business partners view, by clicking on the Edit multiple button.You must first select the business partners you wish to edit and then click on the Edit business partners button. This will open a view in which you can select Change to IBAN in the Account number section.