Accounts and transactions is meant for facilitating reconciliation and enables inspecting accounting transactions by account. Accounts and transactions report is the new Account inspection report.
The report is found in Reports > Reconciliation tools > Accounts and transactions.
- Clicking Update reporting database button is not necessary anymore: all recent accounting entry changes are automatically included in the report when Search button is clicked. However, the Update reporting database button is stil visible for the time being.
- If there are salary slips created in the company’s Procountor environment, a user needs to have at least viewing rights to payroll to be able to view the salary slips.
- If the user searching for the Accounts and transactions report does not have user rights to payroll, the report will only show the name of the salary list instead of the name of the employee. The user is not able to access the salary slip from the report, either.
Using the report
1. Select the dates from which the report is fetched.
- All those accounts are shown in the report which have balance during the search period. Also, the sums in section Changes in VAT and receipts unreconciled are fetched from the period that is searched.
2. Select which receipt statuses are searched.
- Options in the menu are Business transactions, Non transactionsand
- By default, option selected is Business transactions.
3. Select if the tables are sorted in the new search as they were in the previous search.
- By accounts or/and transactions.
4. Click Search button.
Interpreting the report
- The table on the left-hand side of the report view contains a listing of accounts that have transactions on the period given in search criteria. Transactions of account chosen on the left-hand side are listed in the table on the right-hand side.
- Data in the tables can be organized by the preferred column by clicking on the column titles.
- Receipt’s accounting page can be seen by clicking the receipt number in the table.
- The total balance and sum of the balance sheet accounts and income statement accounts can be seen in Changes in VAT and receipts unreconciled
- The table can be used in reconciliation. The sum should be zero when all the accounts are even.
- The most common reason for the sum not to be zero is that the VAT summary has not been made with the most recent data or there are receipts unreconciled.
- The chosen account and transaction total sums can be seen in the upper part of the tables.