Account inspection report is meant for facilitating reconciliation and enables inspecting accounting transactions by account.
The report is found in Reports > Reconciliation tools > Account inspection report.
If there are salary slips created in the company’s Procountor environment, a user needs to have at least viewing rights to payroll to be able to view the report.
The table on the left-hand side of the report view contains a listing of accounts that have transactions on the period given in search criteria. Transactions of account chosen on the left-hand side are listed in the table on the right-hand side. Data in the tables can be organized by the preferred column by clicking on the column titles.
Summary section shows the total sums for balance sheet accounts, income statement accounts, selected accounts and selected transactions. The sums are updated as the report’s account selections are changed.
Start and End date
- Report period is determined in Start date and End date fields.
- By default, dates are the start and end date of the most recent open financial year.
- Options in the menu are Business transactions, Non transactions and All.
- By default, option selected is Business transactions.
Save table sorting value
- When this option is selected, the tables are sorted in the new search as they were in the previous search.
Buttons on the view
- Updates both report tables according to the given search criteria.
- The left-hand side account listing contains the accounts that have transactions on the given time period.
- By default, transactions listed on the right-hand side are searched from the account that’s the first one in the account listing.
- Transactions of the preferred account can be searched by clicking on the account number in Account column.
- Alternatively, transactions of a certain account can be searched using this button. The button searches transactions from the account of which the checkbox is ticked in the left-hand side table when clicking on the button.
In printable form
- The button enables opening the report in printable form.
- Formats that can be selected are Excel, PDF and HTML.
- The button opens up the accounting page of the transaction selected in the right-hand side table.
- The button enables selecting all accounts or removing selection from all accounts.
- The button enables selecting all transactions or removing selection from all transactions.
Update reporting database
- Reporting database is updated automatically every night, but if new receipts or changes made to existing receipts want to be viewed on the report on the same day, reporting database needs to be updated manually using button Update reporting database.
- If changes have been made to existing receipts after the latest reporting database update, and these changes have caused the receipt’s accounting to be re-generated, accounting of the receipt can’t be viewed through the report, but instead, Procountor generates an error notification when trying to do so. The accounting page can be accessed once the reporting database has been updated either manually or automatically.
- The button opens up a window containing report instructions.