The Transfer of unfinished transactions report can be found in the section Reconciliation tools and it can be used for moving receipts, which are not business transactions, away from the tracking period or financial year to be closed.
The report can be accessed by choosing Reports > Reconciliation tools > Transfer of unfinished transactions.
- The Transfer of unfinished transactions tool checks the receipt’s accounting date i.e. the date of the receipt’s invoice page.
- Receipts can be transferred only from open tracking periods.
- Receipts in statuses Unfinished, Verified or Received, and orders not in status Unfinished, Not sent and Invoiced are not Business transactions.
- The statuses of sales invoice, purchase invoice and journal can be found from their own online manual pages.
- The Business transactions only are included in the month’s official accounting and VAT summary.
- If the company has a large number of receipts (e.g. orders not invoiced) that should be transferred to the next month in accounting before creating the VAT summary and closing the month, the Transfer of unfinished transactions tool can be used for this.
The search of unfinished transactions
1. Define the time period, where the unfinished transactions are searched.
- If no time period is chosen, Procountor retrieves the unfinished transactions from the whole time the company has been using Procountor.
2. Choose the receipt type from the Receipt type drop-down menu.
- If no receipt type is selected, Procountor retrieves all receipt types.
3. The search is executed according to the set search criteria by clicking on the Search button.
The buttons of the view
Top part buttons
- The button starts the search according to the defined search criteria.
- The search result contains a list of receipts that are not processed as business transactions.
- The button allows closing and opening tracking periods and financial years.
- The button allows observing, editing and creating VAT summaries.
Lower part buttons
- Button allows to change the receipts’ date (accounting day), in case the receipts are wanted to be transferred to the next tracking period.
- The receipts wanted to be transferred are selected by ticking the boxes on the rows or by clicking Select all button, which selects all the receipts.
- After selecting all desired non-business transaction receipts clicking the Move selected button opens the Transfer of selected events window, where it is possible to enter the new date for the non-business transaction receipts. The date must not belong to a closed tracking period or financial year. In case of orders, only the accounting date and accounting period are changed. In case of invoices, the invoice date is also changed, but this does not change the due date.
- Note! Receipts cannot be transferred away from closed periods. Non-business transactions can only be transferred before closing the period.
- The button allows drilling down to the receipt selected from the search result.
- The button allows switching to the receipt’s accounting page.
- All receipts in the search results can be selected by clicking on the Select all button.