Sales and purchase products can be observed and edited on Products view. Products can be added, deleted and inactivated. Also, products in product register can be added as a default products for business partners.
Products view can be accessed from Registers > Products.
Search criteria can be defined on Search criteria section of Products view. More about setting the search criteria in Procountor can be found here. After setting the criteria, products can be searched by clicking Get products button. The search criteria of the view are the following:
- Product code
- Main group
- Product group
- Inactive (Show inactive products): By choosing the option Procountor will show the inactive products in search results. Option is not activated as a default.
- Product types: It is possible to choose Sales, Purchase or both. If none of the options are chosen, Procountor will search for sales products as a default.
If product type is chosen in search criteria and Use automatic search function is chosen in usage settings, there is no need to click Get products button, but Procountor will automatically search for products according to the search criteria.
After searching, the search results are listed below the Search criteria section on the Products view. Products can be edited on the view by clicking the column of the product and the editing it. Products can also be edited on product card, which will be described later on this article.
Functions of mouse’s right-side button
Clicking the right-side button of the mouse on the product in search results, opens a menu with the following functions:
- Product card
- Purchase: Creates a new purchase product.
- Sale: Creates a new sales product.
- Export Excel: Opens the search results in an Excel form.
- Open PDF: Opens the search results in an PDF form.
- Expert HTML: Opens the search results in an HTML form.
Further information about product register can be found on product register report. Additionally, information about sold and purchased products can be found, for example, from register-dimension reporting.
Adding a product
1. Click the Add button below the search criteria.
2. After clicking the button, you must choose weather you want to add a sales or a purchase product.
3. Enter the product’s name and information to the empty columns. The following product information can be added to the columns:
- Name (mandatory)
- Product code
- Product group
- Discount (%)
- VAT (%)
- VAT status: If you do not change the VAT status, Procountor will set Domestic VAT status as a default.
- Inventory stock: The column is showing, if Inventory management function is activated. The column shows product’s current inventory balance.
- Save the new product with the Save button.
Product data can also be imported with data import file.
Adding a product by copying
1. Choose a product you want to copy by clicking the product.
2. Click Copy button.
3. Clicking Copy opens Adding a new product window, where you can choose if you want to copy the product as a sales or as a purchase product. The default type is the same as the type of the original product. You can also choose to cancel the function.
4. Choosing the product type will open New sales product window, where you can fill out the product information.
5. After filling the product information, click Copy button.
Editing product information
1. Activate the product you want to edit by clicking the row of the product.
2. Edit the columns of the row or open the product card by clicking Product card button.
- On the Product card view you can edit more detailed information.
3. In order to save the changes, click the Save button.
Deleting or inactivating products
1. Activate the product you want to delete by clicking the row of the product.
2. Click Delete button.
3. Next, Procountor asks if you want to delete or inactivate the product.
- By inactivating the product, it stays in the database, but it can only be found from the register by choosing Show inactivate products, when setting the search criteria.
- Choosing to delete the product entirely deletes the product from the product register.
4. In order to save the changes, click the Save button.
It is not recommended to delete the products, since after deleting, the products will not show on the reports. Whereas, inactivated products are shown on the reports, but they do not show as a default on the search, results when searching from the product register.
Editing multiple products
1. Activate the products you want to edit.
2. Click Edit multiple products button.
3. Clicking Edit multiple products opens Edit selected products window, where you can edit the products’ information.
4. Save the changes by clicking Update.
The buttons and the functions above the search results
- Button saves the changes and adjustments.
- Button opens a drop-down menu with the options Sales and Purchase, which are the options for the type of the new product to be added.
- The activated product can be copied with the button.
- The activated product can be deleted or inactivated with the button.
Edit multiple products
- Multiple products’ information can be edited at the same time with the button. The button will activate, when at least two products are activated. Clicking the button opens Edit selected products window, where the products can be edited.
- Clicking the button will open the Product card
- Default dimensions can be defined for the product with the button. Dimensioning must be in use in order to define dimensions.
Back to traditional table
- In version release 33.0. 18.10.2019 the table has been changed to improve the usability of the table.
- If there are any trouble with the new table the user can change back to the old one.
Product card view can be accessed by activating the product and then clicking the mouse’s right-side button and choosing the Product card from the opening menu or by activating the product and then clicking the Product card button above the product list.
Product card shows the information of the product, that was activated before shifting to Product card view.
Sections of Product card
- The information on Basic info section can be edited on product card, but also on product list. The info is otherwise the same as on the product list, but product card shows if the product is inactive or not.
- The product can be inactivated or activated on the view. As a default, products are active.
- In the section, the default account and VAT status can be defined for the product. If the Inventory management function is in use, inventory product can also be defined in the section.
Additional information & Notes and Advertisement text & Instructions
- Internal additional information can be added on the fields. The information on the fields will not appear on invoices.
- The image can be added by clicking the Change picture button on the upper-part of the view.
- The image will show on the Product image section of the view.
Name of the product in other languages
- In the section, it is possible to enter translations of the name of the product. The possible languages are Finnish, English, Swedish, Norwegian and Danish.
- Due to the translations, it is possible to use product’s name in different languages on invoices. For example, with sales invoices, the language of a product is changed in Language drop-down menu. After the language has been changed, product names will change to the corresponding name that is set to the field of the language in question on the product card.
The buttons of the Product card view
- The button saves the product information.
Change bookkeeping account
- The default account can be defined or changed with the button.
- Picture of the product can be set or changed with the button.
- Default dimensions can be defined with the button, if dimensioning is in use.
Corresp. product in inventory management
- If the Inventory management function is in use, inventory product can be defined with the button.