The main groups are high-level business partner groups, to which it is possible add ordinary business partner groups. Main groups’ purpose is to make the managing of large business partner registers easier. This page describes how main groups can be created and how they can be utilized in Procountor.
Main groups can be created and managed through Registers > Main groups.
Creating a main group
- Main groups view can be accessed through Registers when the usage of two-level business partner groups has been enabled in the Usage settings.
- Procountor does not have default main groups, the user can create groups when needed. Only business partner groups can be added to main groups, not individual business partners.
- Main group is created as follows:
1. Click Add in the Main Group view and choose either Customer, Supplier or Person.
2. After a notification “Group added”, an empty row with the chosen type is added to the search results under the Add button. If groups have already been created, the new group will be the last one on the list.
3. Enter the wanted group name to the Name column (maximum length 80 characters) and save the information by clicking on the Save button.
Adding business partner groups in main groups and removing them from main groups
- Business partner groups can be added and removed from the main groups in the Separate / join groups and main groups view that can be accessed through the Join/Separate button in the Main groups view.
Business partner groups are added to the main groups as follows:
1. In the Separate / join groups and main groups view choose from the search criteria the Business partner type that should be included in the search. If only a certain business partner group is searched, the group’s name can be entered in the Name field as search criteria.
2. When the search criteria have been chosen, click Search groups button. The business partner groups will be listed on the left side according to the business partner type and main groups will be listed on the right side.
3. From the left side section, choose the business partner groups by clicking the name of the group. Multiple groups can be chosen by pressing the Ctrl button down while choosing the groups. From the right-side section, choose the main group or groups to which the business partner groups will be joined.
4. When the groups and main groups have been chosen, click Join button at the top of the page. This way the chosen groups will be joined to the main group or groups.
- Multiple business partner groups can join the main groups. Individual business partner can join multiple business partner groups but only one business partner group under the same main group. If multiple business partner groups join the same main group and an individual business partner is part of more than one of these business partner groups, Procountor will give the following error message when the Join button is clicked.
- “A business partner can't be a part of multiple partner groups under the same main group”.
Business partner groups are separated from the main groups as follows:
1. In the Separate / join groups and main groups view, choose Business partner type according to the type of the main group that is searched. Then choose from the Main group list the main group from which the business partner groups are wanted to be separated.
2. When the search criteria are defined, click Search groups button. The business partner groups that are part of the chosen main group are listed on the left side section. Main groups that are compatible to the chosen business partner type are listed on the right-side section.
3. From the left side section, choose the business partner groups that will be separated by clicking the name of the group. Multiple groups can be chosen by pressing the Ctrl button down while choosing the groups. From the right-side section, choose the main group based on which the search was made.
4. When the groups and main group have been chosen, click Separate at the top of the page. The chosen groups are separated from the main group.
Utilizing the main groups
- Main group can be used as a search criterion for most of the register searches, for example in business partner register and in the creation of a new invoice, group invoice and group letter.
- Main group can be used as a search criterion for Business partner report and CRM action report if the main groups are already used. The search can then be limited to certain main group.