It is possible to create travel and expense invoices in Procountor. This article covers information of creating travel and expense invoices and what kind of rights user needs in order to create them.
Travel and expense invoices can be created in Procountor by choosing New > New travel or expense invoice.
This article will discuss the topic of creating travel and expense invoices to others. If you are creating invoices only to yourself please see the following article.
Please note! This is an instruction for creating travel on expense invoices in Procountor. If the purpose is to create travel or expense invoice with Procountor Mini, further instructions can be found here.
1. Start creating a travel or expense invoice by clicking New > New travel or expense invoice.
2. On the opening New travel or expense invoice view it is defined if the invoice is travel or expense invoice, and the basic info of the invoice can be entered.
- Click Search for person button and select to whom the invoice will be created
- User with a personnel role can create invoices only to him/herself, so there is no need to select a person.
- Travel invoices differ from expense invoices in that they also include information regarding the trip, for example, on the travel invoice the travel calculator can be used and daily allowance and kilometer allowance can be added to the invoice. The daily allowances, kilometer allowances and meal allowances on the travel invoices are notified to income register. Otherwise the functions on travel and expense invoice are similar.
If wanted, the title and row info of the invoice can be entered in the New travel or expense invoice view.
- However, the info can be edited after creating the invoice. “Search from product register” is a default option on the Invoice product rows.
- When the default function is on, the products can be brought to the invoice from the product register by clicking Get products -button. If the Invoice product rows field is changed to “Use travel calculator”, the Get products button is inactivated and the travel calculator opens automatically. Anyway, both, product register and travel calculator can be used after the invoice is created.
3. After entering the basic info, create the invoice by clicking Create a new invoice button.
4. After creating a new invoice, the Invoice view opens. Person’s address, travel information (in case of travel invoice), invoicing information, payment info, additional information and row information are shown on the view. Person’s info and payment info are automatically filled out based on the info in person register. If any products were brought to the invoice on New travel or expense invoice view, the products are shown in the row information of the invoice.
- In case of a travel invoice, after clicking Create a new invoice, but before being transferred to Invoice view, there opens a window, where it is possible to enter travel information. It is still possible to edit the travel information on the Invoice view.
- In case of travel invoice, the duration of the travel, places and the purpose of the travel can be entered to the Travel information section.
5. Fill in the payment method, account number, BIC code, due date, term of payment, penal interest-%, discount-%, the currency and the rate are defined in the Payment info section.
6. Approval information section is showing, if the approval circulation is set to be in use for travel and expense invoices in usage settings.
- The verifiers and approvers in the invoice’s approval circulation are shown in the section. The approval information is normally retrieved from person register. If necessary, the approver or verifier can be changed.
7. At least one row must be added to the information. Add the row by using the following methods.
- Products can be searched by clicking Get product.
- This way the products are searched and retrieved from the product register of travel and expense products. Products can be searched from the register by setting the search criteria (product’s name, code etc.) Search results can be organized alphabetically.
- After finding the product, it can be transferred to the invoice by clicking the name of the product. Several products can be transferred at the same time by pressing Ctrl while activating the products by clicking them. After all products in demand are activated, they can be transferred to the invoice by clicking Add to invoice.
- Further information about efficient processing of travel and expense receipts can be found here.
- Daily allowances and kilometer allowances can be added with the travel calculator.
- Clicking on the Travel calculator button opens a window containing the travel calculator, with which it is possible to calculate the amount of daily allowances and enter other details related to the trip. The travel calculator works only when making invoices for domestic travel expenses.
- Further information about travel calculator can be found here.
- A row can be added with Add row.
- Please note! Kilometer allowances and daily allowances transfer to earnings payment report only if they are retrieved from the product register or if the travel calculator is used. Using the existing products makes reporting easier. If necessary, the rows can be allocated to Procountor’s expenditures with Adjust row to product register button.
- The existing row can be copied with Copy row.
- Copied rows can be edited.
8. Edit the rows added to the invoice.
- The Product column defines the text on the product row of the invoice.
- The Unit column defines the amount of the product. If the travel calculator is used, the total amount of daily allowance is automatically calculated to the Unit column.
- Price column defines the price of the product. The price excluding VAT and VAT sum are automatically calculated based on the price.
- VAT can be defined in every row. If the register products or travel calculator are in use, the VAT is automatically defined. Edits must be done manually.
- Comment row column can include additional info about the product. If there is plenty of text to add, it can be added with Comment row.
9. Add all the necessary attachments to the Attachments section.
- Attachments can also be added to the rows.
10. Save the invoice when it is ready by clicking Save button.
- It is possible to edit the info after saving.
- After saving the invoice, the Discussion button is activated. The button opens the invoice specific discussion, where it is possible to write comments and questions for approvers and verifiers regarding the invoice.
11. After the invoice is saved (at least once) click Mark as complete button.
- After clicking the button, the invoice is sent to be verified or approved depending on how its approval circulation is defined.
12. The invoice will be verified and approved on its Verification view. If you are the verifier please follow the instructions here.