It is possible to create travel and expense invoices in Procountor. This article covers information of creating travel and expense invoices and what kind of rights user needs in order to create them.
Travel and expense invoices can be created in Procountor by choosing New > New travel or expense invoice.
Before creating invoices
User rights and social security number
- In order to be capable of creating travel and expense invoices the user needs to have sufficient user rights and a social security number saved to the person register.
- The main user (or another user with sufficient access rights) opens the usernames for employees, enters their information in the person register and notifies employees of their usernames and passwords.
- Creating travel and expense invoices requires that all mandatory information, such as a social security number, about the user is saved to person register. The info in person register is managed by the main user or another user with sufficient user rights.
- In case the social security number is missing, for example, if the person is a foreigner, the artificial number can be entered in a form ‘ddmmyy-UUUU’. It is possible to define in usage settings how the social security number is shown on the invoices.
- A person with a Personnel role can create travel and expense invoices only to themselves. If the user rights are extended, it is possible to create travel and expense invoices to other users as well.
Personal information and settings
- Before creation of the first travel or expense invoice, it must be verified that the user’s social security number is correctly saved to the Personal information and settings view. The social security number is used to allocate usernames to information in the person register. User is able to create travel or expense invoices only if his/her social security number in the Personal information and settings matches the social security number in the Person register.
- The user interface language (the language used in Procountor’s buttons and texts) is defined in personal information and settings. The user interface language defines the headings on the invoices, but the language of the rows on the invoice is defined based on the language chosen in person register. If necessary, the main user can be asked to change the language defined in person register.
Please note! This is an instruction for creating travel on expense invoices in Procountor. If the purpose is to create travel or expense invoice with Procountor Mini, further instructions can be found here.
1. Start creating a travel or expense invoice by clicking New > New travel or expense invoice.
2. On the opening New travel or expense invoice view it is defined if the invoice is travel or expense invoice, and the basic info of the invoice can be entered.
- Person: User with a personnel role can create invoices only to him/herself, so there is no need to select a person. With wider user rights, by clicking Search for person button the person, to whom the invoice will be created, can be selected from the person register.
- Receipt type: Travel invoices differ from expense invoices in that they also include information regarding the trip, for example, on the travel invoice the travel calculator can be used and daily allowance and kilometer allowance can be added to the invoice. The daily allowances, kilometer allowances and meal allowances on the travel invoices are notified to income register. Otherwise the functions on travel and expense invoice are similar.
- If wanted, the title and row info of the invoice can be entered in the New travel or expense invoice view. However, the info can be edited after creating the invoice. “Search from product register” is a default option on the Invoice product rows When the default function is on, the products can be brought to the invoice from the product register by clicking Get products -button. If the Invoice product rows field is changed to “Use travel calculator”, the Get products button is inactivated and the travel calculator opens automatically. Anyway, both, product register and travel calculator can be used after the invoice is created.
3. After entering the basic info, create the invoice by clicking Create a new invoice button.
4. After creating a new invoice, the Invoice view opens. Person’s address, travel information (in case of travel invoice), invoicing information, payment info, additional information and row information are shown on the view. Person’s info and payment info are automatically filled out based on the info in person register. If any products were brought to the invoice on New travel or expense invoice view, the products are shown in the row information of the invoice.
- In case of a travel invoice, after clicking Create a new invoice, but before being transferred to Invoice view, there opens a window, where it is possible to enter travel information. It is still possible to edit the travel information on the Invoice view.
5. As a default, the invoice date is the current date. Along with invoice date, the total sum, invoice number (formed when the invoice is saved) and person’s social security number are showing in the Invoicing information section.
6. In case of travel invoice, the duration of the travel, places and the purpose of the travel can be entered to the Travel information section.
7. The payment method, account number, BIC code, due date, term of payment, penal interest-%, discount-%, the currency and the rate are defined in the Payment info section.
8. Approval information section is showing, if the approval circulation is set to be in use for travel and expense invoices in usage settings. The verifiers and approvers in the invoice’s approval circulation are shown in the section. The approval information is normally retrieved from person register. If necessary, the approver or verifier can be changed.
9. If necessary, additional information can be entered in Additional information section.
10. At least one row must be added to the information. Rows can be added in four different ways:
- Products can be searched by clicking Get product This way the products are searched and retrieved from the product register of travel and expense products. Products can be searched from the register by setting the search criteria (product’s name, code etc.) Search results can be organized alphabetically. After finding the product, it can be transferred to the invoice by clicking the name of the product. Several products can be transferred at the same time by pressing Ctrl while activating the products by clicking them. After all products in demand are activated, they can be transferred to the invoice by clicking Add to invoice. Further information about efficient processing of travel and expense receipts can be found here.
- Daily allowances and kilometer allowances can be added with the travel calculator. Clicking on the Travel calculator button opens a window containing the travel calculator, with which it is possible to calculate the amount of daily allowances and enter other details related to the trip. The travel calculator works only when making invoices for domestic travel expenses. Further information about travel calculator can be found here.
- A row can be added with Add row Please note! Kilometer allowances and daily allowances transfer to earnings payment report only if they are retrieved from the product register or if the travel calculator is used. Using the existing products makes reporting easier. If necessary, the rows can be allocated to Procountor’s expenditures with Adjust row to product register button.
- The existing row can be copied with Copy row Copied rows can be edited.
11. It is possible to edit the rows added to the invoice.
- The Product column defines the text on the product row of the invoice.
- The Unit column defines the amount of the product. If the travel calculator is used, the total amount of daily allowance is automatically calculated to the Unit column.
- Price column defines the price of the product. The price excluding VAT and VAT sum are automatically calculated based on the price.
- VAT can be defined in every row. If the register products or travel calculator are in use, the VAT is automatically defined. Edits must be done manually.
- Comment row column can include additional info about the product. If there is plenty of text to add, it can be added with Comment row.
12. After entering all of the information, verify the validity of the information.
13. Attachments can be added in Attachments section. Attachments can also be added to the rows.
14. Save the invoice by clicking Save button. It is possible to edit the info after saving.
15. After saving the invoice, the Discussion button is activated. The button opens the invoice specific discussion, where it is possible to write comments and questions for approvers and verifiers regarding the invoice.
16. After the invoice is saved (at least once) click Mark as complete button. After clicking the button, the invoice is sent to be verified or approved depending on how its approval circulation is defined.
17. The invoice will be verified and approved on its Verification view.
Please note! On travel invoice’s Verification view, below the Invoice info, there is option: Incomes register reporting “Do not report earnings on this invoice”. Choosing the option prevents the transfer of the daily allowance, kilometer allowance and meal allowance to the earnings payment report.
18. Created travel and expense invoices can be searched on Receipt search view.
Debiting the expenses
- Travel and expense invoices can be copied as sales invoices. The function helps with debiting the expenses, if necessary.
- The copying can be done by clicking Edit and then by choosing Copy function from the drop-down menu. The receipt type can be changed to sales invoice and the business partner to be debited can be searched from the business partner register. The business partner must be saved to the business partner register.
- The information on created sales invoice can be edited before sending.