This article contains instructions on how to find incoming double payments in Procountor. Double payments can be searched using two different methods, depending on whether the customer has used a reference number when paying the sales invoice or not.
Case 1: Both payments paid using reference number
The customer has paid the invoice using a reference number and the invoice has been allocated as Paid. The customer then makes a second payment using the same reference number.
- The new payment will not be allocated to the invoice, since its status is already Paid.
- The new payment is shown on reference payment file without the OK tag since it’s not allocated to any invoice.
- Unallocated reference payments can be searched using Reference payment clearing report, that lists all payments received within the specified period of time that have not been allocated automatically. The report is found in Reports > Payment reports > Reference payment clearing report.
- Incoming reference payments can also be searched using Reference payment report, that can be searched using period, payee account number, sum, payer name and reference number as search criteria. The report is found in Reports > Payment reports > Reference payment report.
Case 2: First payment paid using reference number and the second without reference
The customer has paid the invoice using reference number and the invoice has been allocated as Paid. The customer then makes a second payment without a reference number.
- This payment will only be shown on the bank statement (i.e. it’s not included on reference payment file).
- Incoming payments on bank statements can be searched on Bank statements and reference payments view, for example using payer name and sum as search criteria.
- More search criteria appear on Bank statements and reference payments view when clicking on Show detailed search on the lower right corner of the view.