You can use the Payment reminder function to send payment reminders for individual overdue sales invoices.
The following instructions describe how to send payment reminders for sales invoices by mail or e-mail, or how to record a payment reminder delivered via telephone. You can create a payment reminder using the Search for open invoices function in the Search view, or directly from Search for open sales on the Sales page, by finding the open sales invoice. This function is intended for sending individual payment reminders. Procountor also supports the sending of multiple payment reminders.
Fields in the view
The invoice information is displayed at the top of the page. You can edit this information in the Seller’s notes field, even if the invoice status does not permit other editing. You can make the changes directly in the field or click on the Edit button after the field, which will open a window for editing the information.If you use the Edit button, you can also use line breaks, which will be displayed as \ characters in the field. The maximum length of the notes is 500 characters.
A language-specific default text will be added to the payment reminder. This text can be edited for each payment reminder on this page. The text may include empty rows, and you can use the space bar to indent rows. If a payment reminder has already been created for the invoice, its contents will be displayed in the Payment reminder text area.
The Channel selection determines the sending channel of the payment reminder (Mail, E-mail or Telephone).
- If the original invoice’s invoice channel was Mail or E-invoice, the default delivery channel will be Mail.
- If the invoice channel was E-mail, the default delivery channel will be E-mail.
- If the invoice channel was No sending, the default delivery channel will be Telephone.
If you choose Mail as the delivery channel, the original invoice’s invoicing address will be used as the delivery address for the payment reminder. You can change the address. If you select E-mailas the delivery channel, the e-mail address will be retrieved from the original invoice’s information. If the invoice information does not include an e-mail address, it will be retrieved from the customer’s information. You can change the e-mail address.
Buttons in the view
Clicking on the
Send button will send the completed payment reminder if its reminder text has been entered and a delivery channel chosen.
- If you chose Mail as the channel, a paper letter will be sent to the customer. The payment reminder will use the same postage method as the original invoice. If the invoice channel was other than Mail, the default postage method specified in Company information > Usage settings will be used.
- If the channel is E-mail, the payment reminder will be sent as a PDF file attachment by e-mail. The message body will include the information required in order to pay the invoice (invoice number, due date, sum, bank reference code, account number and barcode) and the subject will contain the word Payment reminder, the invoice number and the name of the company sending the reminder. The payment reminder itself includes the information from the original invoice and the Payment reminder text.
- If the channel is Telephone, the payment reminder will not be sent, but clicking on the Send button will save the reminder, Seller’s notes and the text entered in the Payment reminder text field (e.g. details of the telephone conversation).
Note! The delivery method of the original invoice has no bearing on sending the payment reminder. You can send the reminder by mail or e-mail, and the delivery method is selected during the reminder’s creation. In both cases, the reminder will include a barcode at the bottom for paying the invoice forming the subject of the reminder. No barcode will be included on payment reminders for currency invoices, since the barcode does not contain information on the invoice currency.Bank barcodes include the recipient’s account number, invoice sum, bank reference code and due date. File attachments included with the original invoice will also be sent with the payment reminder.
The Preview button displays the selected reminder in HTML or PDF format.
Clicking on the Save notes button will save the Seller’s notes in the invoice’s Seller’s notes field. The notes will also be displayed in the invoice’s information and on its accounting page, as well as at the far right-hand edge of the search results of the Search for open invoices function in the Search view.These notes will not be visible to the customer. The notes will also be saved automatically when the payment reminder is sent. If only the notes are saved, the payment reminder will not be sent, nor will its creation be recorded in the system.
By clicking on the Invoice button, you can view the invoice that is the subject of the payment reminder.
Clicking on the Default text button will allow you to edit the default texts in different languages (Finnish, English, Swedish, Norwegian, Estonian). The payment reminder will be sent in the language of the original invoice. Clicking on the
Search default text button will retrieve the company’s default text for the reminder.
If you are using Automatic calculation of collection and penal costs, the program will prompt you to specify whether the collection costs will be added to the customer’s next sales invoice when you click on the Send button. After clicking on Send, you can still enter a comment row for the invoice. You can toggle the visibility of the comment row on the invoice to be sent to the customer from the Comment row setting on the Invoice settings page in Company info. Penal interest for the invoice will be calculated in connection with invoice payment, and the collection costs will have no impact on this.
Payment reminders in the search results view
When you run a search for open sales invoices, the Payment reminder columns of invoices in debt collection will indicate the total number of payment reminders sent, the date of the previous payment reminder, and the delivery channel (M=Mail (letter), E=E-mail, T=Telephone). More detailed information on the delivery channels and times of payment reminders is available from the Payment transaction information section of the More actions menu.
When you create a payment reminder (collection letter) for an invoice created for a register customer, and you are using automated calculation of collection and penal expenses, Procountor will prompt you to specify whether a collection cost row will be added to the customer’s next invoice.
- If you reply “No”, the payment reminder will be sent in the normal fashion, and the program will not suggest a collection cost row for the customer’s next invoice.
- If you reply “Yes”, the program will ask you to specify the “Collection cost row comment”. You can then enter the text to be printed in the invoice row comment.You can toggle the visibility of the comment row on the invoice sent to the customer from the Comment row setting on the Invoice settings page in Company info. The payment reminder will then be sent in the normal fashion, and the program will suggest the inclusion of a collection cost row on the customer’s next invoice.