It is possible to change sales invoice’s status to unfinished, create a credit note, change the due date, edit the notes and add payments to the invoice on the sales invoice’s Special situations view.
Special situations view can be accessed from sales invoice’s Invoice view by clicking the Go to button and then by choosing Special situations from the opening drop-down menu. Special situations view cannot be accessed, if the invoice’s status is Unfinished.
Buttons on the top part of the view
Change state to unfinished
- With the button, a sales invoice with a status Approved or Not sent, can be changed back to Unfinished
- If external financing is used, the invoice cannot be changed back to Unfinished
Create a credit note
- The button starts the Credit invoice function. With the function, it is possible to create a credit note for the sales invoice, change the sales and credit invoices to Paid elsewhere status, and create a purchase invoice in order to return the incorrect payment.
- With the button, it is possible to add, delete and observe the attachments of the invoice.
- Clicking the button opens a drop-down menu with the options Invoice, Accounting and Preview.
- By choosing Invoice, the invoice’s Invoice view opens.
- By choosing Accounting, the invoice’s Accounting view opens.
- By choosing Preview, the invoice can be opened for a preview in PDF or HTML file.
The fields of the section
New due date
- New due date for the invoice can be set on the field, for example, in case the invoice has already been sent and afterwards both parties agree to postpone the due date.
- Entering a new due date will not change the due date on Invoice view, but it will show in Due date column on Receipt search When using the due date as a search criterion in Receipt search, Procountor will use the new due date.
- If the automatic calculation of collection and penal expenses is in use, the penalty interest will be calculated based on the new due date.
- In the Notes field, the information in the Seller’s note field on the invoice can be edited, even if the invoice status does not permit other editing. The notes can be entered directly into the field or click on the button after the field, which will open a window for editing the information. If using the button, the line breaks can be used. Line breaks are displayed as \ characters in the field.
- The notes are only for internal use and they will not appear to the invoice to be sent to the customer.
The buttons of the section
Save invoice data
- Button saves the changes made to due date and/or notes.
- Payment transactions, such as reference payments, allocated to the sales invoice are listed to the Payment transactions section of the Special situations view. When a reference payment is allocated to the invoice, the payment method will be a Reference payment.
- Manually added payment transactions, and the payment methods of the transactions, are also showing in Payment transactions section.
- A payment transaction can be added to the invoice by clicking Add payment transaction The payment transaction is needed to add manually, for example, in case of, cash payment, credit loss and when allocating the sales invoice to a credit invoice.
- A payment transaction added in special situations or by bank statement allocation, can be deleted from the invoice by clicking Remove payment transaction In order to delete a payment transaction, it must be activated by clicking the row of the transaction and then it can be removed by clicking the Remove payment transaction button. The payment transactions can be deleted in any order.
Adding a payment transaction
1. Click the Add payment transaction button to open a New transaction window, where you can enter the information of the new payment transaction.
2. Enter the information:
- Payment date: The default date of the field is the current date, but it can be redefined. If the redefined date is before the invoice date, Procountor will give a notification about it, but the notification can be dismissed by clicking OK. Payment date cannot be within a closed financial year or tracking period.
- Pay: The default sum of the field is the open sum of the invoice, but it can be redefined.
- Transaction description: The informal additional information can be entered to the field. The entered information of the field will be showing on the payment transaction section of the Special situations view. The transaction description will also appear to Sales transaction report.
- Payment method: The default option of the field is ‘External bank transfer’, but the payment method can be selected from the drop-down menu. The field is informative and will not affect to anything. The payment method will appear to Sales transaction report.
3. After entering the information, click the Continue button.
- The information of the payment transaction will be saved when clicking Continue, and there is no need for separate information saving.
To be considered
- In special situations, the payment transactions can be added to the invoice also in situations, where an extra payment has allocated to the invoice (the open sum is negative) and needs to be returned to the customer or allocated to another invoice.
- The manually added payment transactions will not appear as accounting entries, but the accounting entries must be done with journals.
- When the invoice’s open sum is zero, the status of the invoice will change to Paid, and it will be removed from the list of the open invoices.